Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 243960 times)

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
Re: R5GTT'S TFSI OEM +
« Reply #450 on: September 07, 2016, 02:39:28 pm »
184hp sounds like a dv leak to me but I know nothing  :P

is yours a tfsi 2.0 ???  :thinking: 224  :surprised: as that sounds odd for a stage 1 as others are getting 250+?.

Yeah I was a bit gutted with the 184hp alright :sad1:

It's really odd. My car is an odd one though!!

It was imported from Japan to the UK new, by Lookers VW, and then imported to Ireland 6 months later.

It's a 2.0 tfsi

It's registered as a 2007 model but it has an AXX engine?????

The tuner felt the 184hp was probably down to a boost leak which we couldn't narrow down on the day.

Revision G DV with no tears on the car the day it was mapped. But we could hear and see (on the software) boost leaking. Didn't have time on the day of the map to sort it.

Plan is to go through everything with a fine tooth comb when fitting the Peron and source the leak before heading back for stage 2!

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #451 on: September 07, 2016, 02:41:08 pm »
@Paradox1 Cheers :happy2:

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #452 on: September 07, 2016, 02:53:02 pm »
Just can't help but put thr right off down hey?.  :signLOL: you mapped?

That's why I didn't go de cat as it's easilly doable. it's a family car so exhaust cracking and popping is going to be an issue with the wife.
The cars too loud as in R32 razzling type of noise WOT so got to get a resonator asap actually next on my list.

Im picking up my catback this weekend, will see if i like th sound. if its 2 quiet, we can always swap?resonator for non res...???

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #453 on: September 07, 2016, 10:47:37 pm »
184hp sounds like a dv leak to me but I know nothing  :P

is yours a tfsi 2.0 ???  :thinking: 224  :surprised: as that sounds odd for a stage 1 as others are getting 250+?.

Yeah I was a bit gutted with the 184hp alright :sad1:

It's really odd. My car is an odd one though!!

It was imported from Japan to the UK new, by Lookers VW, and then imported to Ireland 6 months later.

It's a 2.0 tfsi

It's registered as a 2007 model but it has an AXX engine?????

The tuner felt the 184hp was probably down to a boost leak which we couldn't narrow down on the day.

Revision G DV with no tears on the car the day it was mapped. But we could hear and see (on the software) boost leaking. Didn't have time on the day of the map to sort it.

Plan is to go through everything with a fine tooth comb when fitting the Peron and source the leak before heading back for stage 2!
ah Japanese dvd car huh  :signLOL: 4 for £10 only  :grin:
Damn shame that tbh as I did wonder why your boost was so low before the map and then after the map  :thinking:
Definitely get that sorted mate as your missing bhp somewhere and losing all that fun to be had with thr foot planted  :sad1:
Also the AXX engine has the same hp as the BWA engine so that isn't the reason for the loss of boost.

Just can't help but put thr right off down hey?.  :signLOL: you mapped?

That's why I didn't go de cat as it's easilly doable. it's a family car so exhaust cracking and popping is going to be an issue with the wife.
The cars too loud as in R32 razzling type of noise WOT so got to get a resonator asap actually next on my list.

Im picking up my catback this weekend, will see if i like th sound. if its 2 quiet, we can always swap?resonator for non res...???
Paradox, don't you dare make me jealous and fit that resonator on bro first dibs an all that $H**  :signLOL:  :driver:

Hope you like as I'll still have to order one either way as I can't take the noise any longer  :sick:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #454 on: September 08, 2016, 08:51:38 am »
Exhaust will be sooo much nicer with the resonator fitted :happy2:

Will let you know if and when I find my missing ponies

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #455 on: September 08, 2016, 01:21:23 pm »
No worries mate and hope you find them as losing boost isn't fun especially when mapped and corsa cars are leaving you behind  :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #456 on: September 11, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »
Fitted my CAI on today and over revving has now gone so whoever it was telling me about the dv being split thanks a million as I should have replaced that before selling off my previous CAI  :sad1:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:45:57 pm by r5gtt »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #457 on: September 11, 2016, 05:05:36 pm »
Fitted my CAI on today and over revving has now gone so whoever it was telling me about the dv being split thanks a million as I should have replaced that before selling off my previous CAI  :sad1:

Result. How do you find the Ramair? I'd imagine it sounds quite civilised on the stock map? Wait til you're on 2+!

Oh btw, I'm guessing you're not getting notifications (mine are a bit hit and miss too for some reason) but the guy doing the big build was asking about those pump internals:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=108785.msg1053555.msg#1053555

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #458 on: September 11, 2016, 05:06:23 pm »
You're going to town on her mate, she is looking great! Massive changes since I last saw her!  :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #459 on: September 11, 2016, 05:43:00 pm »

Result. How do you find the Ramair? I'd imagine it sounds quite civilised on the stock map? Wait til you're on 2+!

Oh btw, I'm guessing you're not getting notifications (mine are a bit hit and miss too for some reason) but the guy doing the big build was asking about those pump internals:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=108785.msg1053555.msg#1053555
It's a lot quieter than the other one I had but it's nice and sounds like a dump valve atm :signLOL: can't wait for stage 2+ and my brakes. still got to fit the fpv and R6 IC in. was going to do it today but feeling a bit  lazy and my operation on the wrist is playing havoc too.  :sad1:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #460 on: September 11, 2016, 05:43:57 pm »
You're going to town on her mate, she is looking great! Massive changes since I last saw her!  :happy2:
Yes bro I'm going crazy  :stupid: :doh: can't stop and people say they wanna buy her them pull out so I keep modding ffs  :slap:

Anyways you good?. been a while sinse the last time. has the beast running?. got to be good as you're not complaining lol
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 06:12:46 pm by r5gtt »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #461 on: September 11, 2016, 05:46:02 pm »
All in good time pal. You're making good steady progress and that's what counts!

You'll definitely hear more turbo noise once you're at 2+. Lots of whoosh tish goodness

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #462 on: September 11, 2016, 06:15:06 pm »
All in good time pal. You're making good steady progress and that's what counts!

You'll definitely hear more turbo noise once you're at 2+. Lots of whoosh tish goodness
Thanks AJP I've got to a stage where there no turning back no refunds and no frills lol thinking of going quattro now  :doh: seems a little too ££££ for my liking so I'll hold back now  :driver:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #463 on: September 11, 2016, 06:31:03 pm »

Thanks AJP I've got to a stage where there no turning back no refunds and no frills lol thinking of going quattro now  :doh: seems a little too ££££ for my liking so I'll hold back now  :driver:
Yeah it's definitely a case of no going back once you get to a certain point. I'm the same, and the fact I took the opportunity to uprate the clutch makes me feel obliged to go all out with the power to make sense of having an uprated clutch!

4wd would be a truly transformative mod. Big money, yes, but being able to actually get the power down in the lower gears will make it a completely different car. I'd say a 2+ k03 car with 4wd would be a much faster car than say a 300-350bhp k04 car with 2wd up to about 80mph. Point to point, tight 2nd/3rd gear corners are where the advantage will pay off. It'll just grip and launch you out of the bend rather than scrabbling for grip. Mine will struggle getting the power down in 3rd if I floor it too early coming out of a corner. Understandable with 345lb/ft really. You'll find out for yourself once you're mapped up to 2+. I don't really do any launches, 0-60 kind of stuff, as it's just asking for wheel hop. Sometimes, if the tyres are nice and hot it'll hook up properly in 2nd, but it's rare.

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #464 on: September 11, 2016, 07:26:46 pm »
Ha ha any excuse mate!  :signLOL: keep the mods coming  :happy2:
Yeah she's running good thanks bro. Put new hoses on as they were leaking.
You thought it was quick before... It's a monster now! Wish I changed the hoses earlier now!  :driver: :rolleye: