Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 243926 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: R5GTT'S TFSI OEM +
« Reply #465 on: September 11, 2016, 11:16:01 pm »
lmso  :signLOL: :signLOL: I don't want to but I'm being forced by thr idiots on the road. OMGOSH raced an R and  TTRS I on the A406 an hour ago and the fu***** R newly crashed into me as he couldn't handle the A406 to A13 round about ans I left me on it with the tt who both disappeared back down the 406  :signLOL: R Mk7 was shi* quick but got him at the round about  :P

Yeah your car was quick when I drove it so guessing it mist be rapid now.

Mine feels a lot quicker now I've got the hpfp internals Ramair CAI kit on couldn't believe how it flew down the M1 to milton Keynes easier on and back again :grin: stage 2+ is going to be nutts  :jumping:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #466 on: September 11, 2016, 11:21:11 pm »
All in good time pal. You're making good steady progress and that's what counts!

You'll definitely hear more turbo noise once you're at 2+. Lots of whoosh tish goodness
Thanks AJP I've got to a stage where there no turning back no refunds and no frills lol thinking of going quattro now  :doh: seems a little too ££££ for my liking so I'll hold back now  :driver:
Yeah it's definitely a case of no going back once you get to a certain point. I'm the same, and the fact I took the opportunity to uprate the clutch makes me feel obliged to go all out with the power to make sense of having an uprated clutch!

4wd would be a truly transformative mod. Big money, yes, but being able to actually get the power down in the lower gears will make it a completely different car. I'd say a 2+ k03 car with 4wd would be a much faster car than say a 300-350bhp k04 car with 2wd up to about 80mph. Point to point, tight 2nd/3rd gear corners are where the advantage will pay off. It'll just grip and launch you out of the bend rather than scrabbling for grip. Mine will struggle getting the power down in 3rd if I floor it too early coming out of a corner. Understandable with 345lb/ft really. You'll find out for yourself once you're mapped up to 2+. I don't really do any launches, 0-60 kind of stuff, as it's just asking for wheel hop. Sometimes, if the tyres are nice and hot it'll hook up properly in 2nd, but it's rare.
Well that's it the point of no return as the brakes are here so paint fit and get that stage 2+ on  :jumping: when it comes to round about and bends I can honestly say with my heart on my hand is that I'm the daddy even with this gti as I found out an hour ago when the tway in his R7 nearly twatted my n/s  :scared: what a dongle. Can't drive get out the fu***** seat brother of disaster  :signLOL: why people have fast cars they car handle on a bend I don't know  :thinking:
I wish I could go quattro but sadly it's to late and way out of my budget so going ro stick some decent tyres on lower her track her up and go like the wind  :grin:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #467 on: September 12, 2016, 11:08:48 am »
All in good time pal. You're making good steady progress and that's what counts!

You'll definitely hear more turbo noise once you're at 2+. Lots of whoosh tish goodness
Thanks AJP I've got to a stage where there no turning back no refunds and no frills lol thinking of going quattro now  :doh: seems a little too ££££ for my liking so I'll hold back now  :driver:
Yeah it's definitely a case of no going back once you get to a certain point. I'm the same, and the fact I took the opportunity to uprate the clutch makes me feel obliged to go all out with the power to make sense of having an uprated clutch!

4wd would be a truly transformative mod. Big money, yes, but being able to actually get the power down in the lower gears will make it a completely different car. I'd say a 2+ k03 car with 4wd would be a much faster car than say a 300-350bhp k04 car with 2wd up to about 80mph. Point to point, tight 2nd/3rd gear corners are where the advantage will pay off. It'll just grip and launch you out of the bend rather than scrabbling for grip. Mine will struggle getting the power down in 3rd if I floor it too early coming out of a corner. Understandable with 345lb/ft really. You'll find out for yourself once you're mapped up to 2+. I don't really do any launches, 0-60 kind of stuff, as it's just asking for wheel hop. Sometimes, if the tyres are nice and hot it'll hook up properly in 2nd, but it's rare.
Well that's it the point of no return as the brakes are here so paint fit and get that stage 2+ on  :jumping: when it comes to round about and bends I can honestly say with my heart on my hand is that I'm the daddy even with this gti as I found out an hour ago when the tway in his R7 nearly twatted my n/s  :scared: what a dongle. Can't drive get out the fu***** seat brother of disaster  :signLOL: why people have fast cars they car handle on a bend I don't know  :thinking:
I wish I could go quattro but sadly it's to late and way out of my budget so going ro stick some decent tyres on lower her track her up and go like the wind  :grin:

the golf are nearly crash into you cos it has a haldex, haldex are for people who cant drive. FWD ftw  :grin:

like i was saying last night, I dunno how you spin your tyres all the time, where are on the same level of tune and mind only spings abit if its damn and im a bit heavy footed. What tyres you running bro?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #468 on: September 12, 2016, 12:00:48 pm »
You joker  :slap:  :signLOL: only proper drivers like me should be in that R not that stupid twat who loses it on a round about  :doh:

I got to check what tyres are on there as I haven't replaced any yet  :thinking:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #469 on: September 12, 2016, 01:08:58 pm »
Event budget crap on the front :scared: and Avon ZV5 rear

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #470 on: September 12, 2016, 02:14:26 pm »

Id get them changed for something decent first

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #471 on: September 12, 2016, 06:29:34 pm »
Yeah thanks bro I'll sort them out soon :drinking:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #472 on: September 12, 2016, 06:37:19 pm »
Time to invest in some good rubber!

I'm due a pair on the front. Been running MPSS over the last year and they're really good. Seems the price has increased a bit now, I think they're closer to £150 than the £100ish I paid.

I'm tempted with Pilot Sport 4 if I can't get the Super Sports at a good price. Plenty of good tyres around the £100 mark anyway.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #473 on: September 12, 2016, 10:59:30 pm »
Yes mate all this time I'm thiking the cars shot when in reality I have crap tyres and never thought about those till mentioned a good few times  :thinking:
I like the Eagle F1's so may go that direction as the grip around bends is awesome  :signLOL:

MPSS Michelin pilots?

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #474 on: September 13, 2016, 06:30:08 am »
The Michelin PS4 is a cracking daily tyre and offers a lot more dry grip than the Eagle F1s. Different league of tyre.

I had Eagles for years, loved them, then after discovering some damage and needing to change them same day, with no Eagles in stock anywhere I gave the PS4 a shot. Wish I had done it sooner.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #475 on: September 13, 2016, 10:31:06 am »
Good tires will make a huge difference to how she puts the power down.

One of the best mods I ever did was moving from LingLongs (or whatever was on there) to F1's. Transformed the car. No more wheel hop. No under-steer etc. etc.

Will be going Michelin next as per Dan_FR's advice :smiley: :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #476 on: September 13, 2016, 01:39:19 pm »
I think GY F1 for now as it's in budget. Thank you all for your help  :drinking:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #477 on: September 13, 2016, 03:43:57 pm »
Yes mate all this time I'm thiking the cars shot when in reality I have crap tyres and never thought about those till mentioned a good few times  :thinking:
I like the Eagle F1's so may go that direction as the grip around bends is awesome  :signLOL:

MPSS Michelin pilots?
Yes, Michelin Pilot Super Sport. They're so damn good! The Pilot Sport 4 is pretty much regarded as the next best thing right now in terms of an all round performance tyre. F1s are good, but maybe not as focused as the PS4s. They have a softer sidewall, so they're probably not quite as reactive, but should be a comfier tyre round town on sh*t surfaces.

I don't think there's too much difference in price between the PS4 and F1, so don't rule the Michelins out.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #478 on: September 13, 2016, 08:52:06 pm »
I'll need to wait for a while before buying more stuff as 2.5k on mods and sods isn't a good thing and if thr wife knew I'd be slaughtered  :scared:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #479 on: September 13, 2016, 08:57:09 pm »
This came today after a whole weeks messing around and wait but worth it.

£50  :smiley:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:07:04 pm by r5gtt »