Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 243904 times)

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
Re: R5GTT'S TFSI OEM +
« Reply #480 on: September 13, 2016, 09:10:34 pm »
Honestly mate, I've had both F1s and currently on MPSS. The supersports are on another completely. Much more stable, more grippy and longer lasting too. Well worth saving a bit longer for  :happy2:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #481 on: September 13, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »
Wow!! £50 for high line clocks! That's a proper bargain!! Good times. I've been put off by the idea of fitting and coding these myself as I usually get a bit confused when I read the "how to" guides. Will you install them yourself or get someone else to do it??

@ajp and @Rampage and @Dan_FR I'm definitely going to go for the Michelins next time :happy2:

Although the F1's are soooo much better than the Chinese junk on the car previously I haven't been that impressed by them under power in the wet. Otherwise pretty good. I'm hoping the Michelins will be a step up and you boys are encouraging me :happy2:

(Sorry for the hijack r5gtt :laugh:)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #482 on: September 13, 2016, 10:47:26 pm »
Honestly mate, I've had both F1s and currently on MPSS. The supersports are on another completely. Much more stable, more grippy and longer lasting too. Well worth saving a bit longer for  :happy2:
I think I'm racist toward the mpss  :signLOL:
For some.reason I'm an all round GY fan as I had then on my baby oops I mean tt amd loved the way they handled in the rain/shine donr get me wrong I know amd repeat your views on the MPSS but for some reason GY come into my head all the time.  :doh:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #483 on: September 13, 2016, 10:55:10 pm »
Wow!! £50 for high line clocks! That's a proper bargain!! Good times. I've been put off by the idea of fitting and coding these myself as I usually get a bit confused when I read the "how to" guides. Will you install them yourself or get someone else to do it??

@ajp and @Rampage and @Dan_FR I'm definitely going to go for the Michelins next time :happy2:

Although the F1's are soooo much better than the Chinese junk on the car previously I haven't been that impressed by them under power in the wet. Otherwise pretty good. I'm hoping the Michelins will be a step up and you boys are encouraging me :happy2:

(Sorry for the hijack r5gtt :laugh:)
No worries as I always seem to jack someone's thread and forget to apologise  :ashamed: although o don't mind either way  :love:

I know mate I so love a bargain when it is a bargain  :signLOL: I'll need to get someone to code it for me as I haven't got a clue as to where to start and had this problem with my tt clock when it started playing up but never did manage to find anyone who could programs it as when we did try it said (wait 524 minutes) and try again  :doh: so I just opened the internals and swopped a few bit's  :signLOL:

okay after reading your reply on the tyres I must be missing the rear drive as the tt was quattro so a beast anyway and this gti is fwd.  :thinking: only bought the tt because of my brothers porsche carrera 4s lol couldn't afford it so next best thing the tt  :grin: my baby porshce  :love: lol me getting carried away again.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: September 13, 2016, 11:02:46 pm »
Whats the part number on the clocks and what year is your car?  I might be able to do it depends on part  number

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #485 on: September 13, 2016, 11:14:08 pm »
Ah it's an 08 I think and mine is november 2005 55 reg.
Hope so as I can't be tralleving millions of miles to do this although this weekend is Birmingham weekend and there's a guy in Redditch I think who codes um.
Don't know what the torn off part was as it wasn't there.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #486 on: September 14, 2016, 12:33:59 am »
Its got 1K8 so i think its for a scirocco but it has 970 at the end. Check your whatsapp bro, might be able to link you up around 11am

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #487 on: September 14, 2016, 12:38:12 am »
He said it was for s scirocco then after the sale he said it was for a golf lol ebay job.

11am will be too early as I'll be setting off around that time family an all that you know what I mean.  :signLOL:

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: September 14, 2016, 02:32:33 pm »
This came today after a whole weeks messing around and wait but worth it.

£50  :smiley:

would this not be more difficult to code up as its a 160 speedo? do you change your speedometer over?
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #489 on: September 14, 2016, 03:17:05 pm »
sorry mvb I couldn't tell you that mate as I didn't even realise it was a 160 top speed clock  :doh: :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #490 on: September 17, 2016, 08:51:06 pm »
Had this programmed today. Lost my radio and I never got a code with the booklet :sad1:

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:52:39 pm by r5gtt »

Offline james_kav

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #491 on: September 18, 2016, 10:33:16 am »
Loving the highlines! How the hell did you manage to find a set for £50!?!?!?! That must be the bargain of the century....!  :happy2: Sorry to hear about the radio though, is there no way to get around it?  :thinking:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #492 on: September 18, 2016, 11:20:00 am »
Loving the highlines! How the hell did you manage to find a set for £50!?!?!?! That must be the bargain of the century....!  :happy2: Sorry to hear about the radio though, is there no way to get around it?  :thinking:
Thanks mate, found it on ebay but it's not a gti one it's a 1.4 or 1.6 basic one as it's only got 160mph on the clock and it's not thr same shape front. Yeah didn't know the radio code is also in the clock itself  :stupid: but then again no one ever mentions these things before hand.  :doh: only was is getting code from stealers.

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #493 on: September 18, 2016, 01:11:57 pm »
Clocks look awesome!!

And now that you have all the highline goodness you can fit a PolarFIS and monitor all sorts of cool shizzle on the fly :smiley: :happy2:

With my Clio 182 getting the code for the radio was no problem. A call to the dealer. Chassis number. Proof of ownership over the phone and got the Code there and then. No charge. Hope this is the case with VW too??

Offline james_kav

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #494 on: September 18, 2016, 01:28:28 pm »
Thanks mate, found it on ebay but it's not a gti one it's a 1.4 or 1.6 basic one as it's only got 160mph on the clock and it's not thr same shape front. Yeah didn't know the radio code is also in the clock itself  :stupid: but then again no one ever mentions these things before hand.  :doh: only was is getting code from stealers.
[/quote]

Ahhh. OK, that's interesting and does it really matter about the maximum speed as we would never hit that anyway! Was it a problem to fit then due to the different shape or can you notice it once in the car? I'm interested as would like to fit highline clocks but they are quite a bit of cash for a 'nice to have'...... D'oh!! Yeah, that's a pain and I do hope that the stealers look after you if you can get the code from them without too much hassle  :wink: