Make a donation

Author Topic: how to remove revo 100% ?  (Read 2669 times)

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
how to remove revo 100% ?
« on: March 07, 2010, 10:58:48 pm »
right im having my car mapped by ray west for my different turbo , thing is i already have revo stage 2 . and he is concerned on how to map over a revo flashed ecu !

couple of questions

if revo is returned back to stock via select box will this be enougth ?

if vw do the latest download will revo go ?

if i bought a new / used ecu could i sell my revo ecu along with the select box and for it to still work on the next owners car ?

west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: how to remove revo 100% ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 11:05:38 pm »
couple of questions

if revo is returned back to stock via select box will this be enougth ? Nope as you still have all the Revo map onboard

if vw do the latest download will revo go ? Yes ora Revo dealer should be able to help

if i bought a new / used ecu could i sell my revo ecu along with the select box and for it to still work on the next owners car ? It would need coding with immobilisers, etc, so quite likely not.

anorganix

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 08:58:54 am »
Most if not all tuners encrypt their software while on customer's cars, but afaik they keep the OEM software in their DB.

1. absolutely no, REVO maps + encryption still there
2. the REVO dealer can upload the OEM software in the car
3. exactly as Hedge said + new owner might have a "check engine" on because (at least in the MK5 GTI) the IC has a checksum that is compared to the ECU checksum. If they are diffrent "check engine" pops up.

Mate, try to get in touch with the REVO guy, for him it's a 15 minute job.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:08:36 am by anorganix »

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • My Build thread
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:02:16 am »
I had the same issue on my old S3. I wanted AMD to map it and they wouldn't touch it with the Revo software on it. I just called my closest Revo dealer who flashed the ecu back to stock for free  :happy2:

Offline revo carl

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 09:20:08 am »
It sounds like your new "tuner" is flashing Data area only, any "tuner" can flash over Revo software if they they have the correct tooling to flash an entire ECU, as stated already in this thread if you go to the dealer that installed your software they will happily flash your car back to stock for you if your "tuner" of choice cannot!

As Kev said in another of your threads, no you cannot sell your ECU with Stage2 software on as it is paired to your vehicles immo info and if it is transfered into another vehicle it will note that the immo info is different and will be in stock mode

Hope this helps! :)

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 06:06:53 pm »
ok cool  . can any revo dealer do it then ?
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline Revo Kev

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:07:31 am »
Yep they can, all Revo dealers have complete stock files for each ECU file we cater for. There's no charge from Revo to use these files, but bear in mind dealers reserve the right to charge for their time!
Good luck with it.