Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone know the part number to this button?  (Read 568 times)

Offline SANDEGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Anyone know the part number to this button?
« on: May 19, 2024, 10:59:23 pm »
Does anyone know the part number to this door locking button? I ordered one and it's the U.S version or something (wrong way round), gutted!

Stage 2+ 2005 Laser Blue

Offline SANDEGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Anyone know the part number to this button?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 11:24:54 pm »
For anyone that's interested, finally found the part number: 1K0 962 126 B

Just bought one. :grin:
Stage 2+ 2005 Laser Blue

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 08:18:50 am »
 :happy2:
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline SANDEGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 04:39:27 pm »
Has anyone actually done one of these before? Do I have to remove the interior door skin or can I get under the plastic surround under the chrome handle and go from there?
Stage 2+ 2005 Laser Blue

Offline ZoliWorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 07:18:24 pm »
I don't remember for sure but the easiest way to go about it is to remove the door interior panel.

There's 3xT20 or T25 screws at the bottom of the panel, 1xT25 screw next to the mirror and 2xT30 screws under the door handle. You pry the handle upwards just make sure you pry evenly or you can break off some parts of it which will result in a lot of vibrations if you like music.

Roll down your window for an easier time. Pry the panel off, starting from the bottom and when all quick mount clamps are out, you lift the whole thing upwards.

Disconnect all cables, the door latch and done, you can replace the buttons.
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI BWA | Mk6 GTI Front | BorgWarner K04 Turbo | Ta-Technix Air Intake | Ta-Technix 200 Cell Downpipe | Stock Intercooler | Stock Injectors | Vis Motorsport 175 bar HPFP | 300hp

Offline SANDEGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2024, 07:40:36 pm »
I don't remember for sure but the easiest way to go about it is to remove the door interior panel.

There's 3xT20 or T25 screws at the bottom of the panel, 1xT25 screw next to the mirror and 2xT30 screws under the door handle. You pry the handle upwards just make sure you pry evenly or you can break off some parts of it which will result in a lot of vibrations if you like music.

Roll down your window for an easier time. Pry the panel off, starting from the bottom and when all quick mount clamps are out, you lift the whole thing upwards.

Disconnect all cables, the door latch and done, you can replace the buttons.
Thanks a lot for that, unfortunately I was silly enough to think I could replace it without taking the interior skin off. :grin:

I'll do this in a couple days since I want to replace the button panel thing too, or at least clean it up while I'm at it. Removing the skin will make it much easier.
Stage 2+ 2005 Laser Blue