Make a donation

Author Topic: advice please, getting revo tomorow  (Read 2122 times)

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
advice please, getting revo tomorow
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »
Well had the m5 golf gti 5 weeks, and getting revo map tomorrow, have given the car a good service, oil change, new spark plugs and air filter, changed coolant flange due to slight water leak, done coolant change and changed Dv to updated model,

What bhp gains should I expect ?, hoping for 40bhp gain,  even though revo quote 55bhp they offer a before and after rolling road run, £25 a run, would you recon this is a fair price considering the map is £499 + VAT, thanks in advance

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: advice please, getting revo tomorow
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 06:25:39 pm »
Well we paid £30  at a JKM RR shootout day.

I think I'd pay extra to have the settings optimised with several logging runs.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:02:36 am »
have i messed something?

if i get revo done to my car the before and after RR runs are not included in the price?

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 10:33:13 am »
As above I'd have thought for 500 quid you would at least get a before and after for free??
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 10:53:58 am »
It does not state anywhere on Revo's site,  that you get free dyno runs with the software. The price is indeed for the software and not diagnostic work. A lot of revo dealers don't have a rolling roads. The best you can hope for is to choose a dealer who does have a rolling road and strike a deal up with them.  :happy2:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 02:37:30 pm »
Mad as toast

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 07:17:09 pm »
We usually include a dyno setup with most ReVO maps as part if the process to check not only power but to datalog boost and timing etc.... As its far safer to do this on the dyno than out on the public highway. But most dealers dont have a dyno so cant offer this.

Its up to the individual dealer to charge what they want, dont expect any dyno work for free!

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 05:07:41 pm »
Made a deal with the dealer, got the dyno runs in on the deal, done a diagnostic check and I had boost issue, put it on the rollers and car was only pushing 140 bhp,  so no mapping that day.

Previous owner had told me the dv had been changed a month before I bought it, got the car home and removed the dv, just to eliminate it, on inspection it was the  type b and had holes in the diaphragm, changed it with the updated d version and felt a lot better,

Took the car back the following day, done diagnostic check and all fine, dyno was not available that day so got the revo map set up on the road, and fair play the dealer said to give a call when It was convenient for me and I could put the car on the rollers for free to see the after results,

The car is transformed as you can imagine, considering I was driving with just 140bhp for the last 4 weeks and with in a day I have got aprox 100 bhp gain with new dv and remap,  I hope,

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 09:34:33 pm »
Made a deal with the dealer, got the dyno runs in on the deal, done a diagnostic check and I had boost issue, put it on the rollers and car was only pushing 140 bhp,  so no mapping that day.

Previous owner had told me the dv had been changed a month before I bought it, got the car home and removed the dv, just to eliminate it, on inspection it was the  type b and had holes in the diaphragm, changed it with the updated d version and felt a lot better,

Took the car back the following day, done diagnostic check and all fine, dyno was not available that day so got the revo map set up on the road, and fair play the dealer said to give a call when It was convenient for me and I could put the car on the rollers for free to see the after results,

The car is transformed as you can imagine, considering I was driving with just 140bhp for the last 4 weeks and with in a day I have got aprox 100 bhp gain with new dv and remap,  I hope,

Ha ! that must feel amazing 100 BHP in one shot.  :grin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 10:04:47 pm »
fair one.  going from a std GTI with a fooked DV, to a stage 1 GTI with new DV must feel like a weapon

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 04:38:01 pm »
yes, car feels really responsive, just have to feed the power through the wheels or risk lighting the tyres up lol, I am lucky as I have a Nissan skyline gtr also owned the car for last 5 years 350 bhp proven, so used to the power, just love driving the golf more now, so practical for every day use and enough bhp for a front wheel drive, really pleased   :smiley: