Make a donation

Author Topic: Valeo LED Mk5 Tail Lights Modification....  (Read 122363 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Valeo LED Mk5 Tail Lights Modification....
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 09:22:55 am »
1 - RedRobin
2 - cmdrfire
3 - Weston
4 - DanishmkVgti
5 - GTsport
6 - richardgti
7 - Bodger
8 - PND
9 - markymark
10 - apollo13
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2011, 11:16:06 am »
1 - RedRobin
2 - cmdrfire
3 - Weston
4 - DanishmkVgti
5 - GTsport
6 - richardgti
7 - Bodger
8 - PND
9 - markymark
10 - apollo13
11- JamboV6
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 02:24:46 pm »
Crikey, serious interest here  :surprised:
Obviously with more quantity we will drive the eventual per-unit price down. Better start sourcing the supply chain... and I must message Chris again, still no email. I'll keep everyone updated as to what's going on.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 04:36:45 pm »

Crikey, serious interest here  :surprised:

Obviously with more quantity we will drive the eventual per-unit price down. Better start sourcing the supply chain... and I must message Chris again, still no email. I'll keep everyone updated as to what's going on.

I popped by Chris's workshop this morning - He hasn't forgotten but is very busy (installing a mega-bucks Rainbow system in a big American motor-home) and was working til 11pm last night. But if you txt him and I'll keep up bending his ear - We'll get there!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 04:42:43 pm »
1 - RedRobin
2 - cmdrfire
3 - Weston
4 - DanishmkVgti
5 - GTsport
6 - richardgti
7 - Bodger
8 - PND
9 - markymark
10 -

....Hi Marky, are you putting Valeo LED tails on your Pirelli then?

This whole mod is very 'OEM Plus'. I must PM TC to see if he's interested as I know he has Valeo's on his white steed.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 12:17:51 pm »
1 - RedRobin
2 - cmdrfire
3 - Weston
4 - DanishmkVgti
5 - GTsport
6 - richardgti
7 - Bodger
8 - PND
9 - markymark
10 - apollo13
11- JamboV6
12- Big Al

(dependant on price of cause, though I presume that will be down to how many people want this doing?

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 12:19:38 pm »

....Hi Marky, are you putting Valeo LED tails on your Pirelli then?

This whole mod is very 'OEM Plus'. I must PM TC to see if he's interested as I know he has Valeo's on his white steed.
The outers are already on her! :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 02:24:33 pm »

12- Big Al

(dependant on price of cause, though I presume that will be down to how many people want this doing?

....It's all down to price ultimately, Al, so you're not committed to anything yet. It helps us to assess the degree of interest and consequently see how best to do it all as economically as possible. It's the batch production of PCBs which I understand need looking at the most. Already, ordering 12 is better than ordering 2, but cmdrfire is the man on this aspect.

I'm now wondering if folks on other forums may be interested. It wouldn't be practical to get involved in America though.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »
1 - RedRobin
2 - cmdrfire
3 - Weston
4 - DanishmkVgti
5 - GTsport
6 - richardgti
7 - Bodger
8 - PND
9 - markymark
10 - apollo13
11- JamboV6
12- Big Al
13-GTIain

I'm definatly interested but as big al says its dependent on price. Also what kind of time scale are we looking at?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 04:48:37 pm »

13-GTIain

I'm definatly interested but as big al says its dependent on price. Also what kind of time scale are we looking at?

....As I said when I started the list: Adding your name to the list does not commit you to a price which none of us know yet - It's to gauge a PCB quantity to order and therefore get the most favourable rate.

If you read through this read, especially cmdrfire's Reply #29, you'll see that we don't yet know how long either but we are doing all we can and it is most likely going to take a long time:

cmdrfire:

Please bear in mind that it may be a little while before we get these - We've got to look at what sort of data we have to work with, I've got to design and lay out the PCBs, then we will get some one- or two-off prototypes made and assembled (which will probably be fairly expensive, maybe £50/side as a rough guess as there'll be machining work to be done etc). After that they need to be tested off the car, then on the car, and make sure all the functionality works as intended. After that we can got to a batch PCB house in China and get a whole bunch made for everyone, that will be a much more reasonable cost but the downside is that the batch processing will take some time (IIRC used to be 14-30 days, but may be less now).

After they come back, they'll have to be assembled, and tested, and then (being an auto engineer) I think I'd insist on a conformal coat to protect them, btu that shouldn't take too long.

The end goal will be for some inner tail LEDs that will be reasonably priced, built to near-automotive standard, and capable of a variety of functionality - "normal" operation (on with sidelights/dipped lights), brake functionality (if desired), and fog-lamp functionality (if desired) with the two inner filament lamps being used for reversing lights. No point messing about with half-assed fixes and electronics that will break over time.

We will keep this thread updated on progress. I hope this helps.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 05:21:53 pm »

As long as it takes me and Chris to do 'em right  :happy2: as I say, no half-assed solutions here that will break down over a short period of time. Automotive or as close to automotive-spec as I can manage is the end goal. I'm gonna be putting these on my car as well and I don't want no rubbish on there.

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 05:27:06 pm »
Is the plan just to get the pcb's and send them out or you guys do the mod, as i just want the pcb and will do the work myself, if thats ok with you guys
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2011, 05:31:05 pm »

Is the plan just to get the pcb's and send them out or you guys do the mod, as i just want the pcb and will do the work myself, if thats ok with you guys

....I'm sure that if that's what you prefer it's no problem. None of us are trying to make a profit out of anyone here.

In a lot of cases we were expecting to be asked to do the mod, but that's not important. Chris will be putting mine together for me as I'm just a female linesman and don't know the offside rule  :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:34:13 pm by RedRobin »

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2011, 05:51:42 pm »
1 - RedRobin
2 - cmdrfire
3 - Weston
4 - DanishmkVgti
5 - GTsport
6 - richardgti
7 - Bodger
8 - PND
9 - markymark
10 - apollo13
11- JamboV6
12- Big Al
13-GTIain
14- Edd666999

i see this as a forum duty to bring the price down! make no mistake i will get ZERO enjoyment out of these lights!  :evilgrin:

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2011, 06:09:19 pm »

....I'm sure that if that's what you prefer it's no problem. None of us are trying to make a profit out of anyone here.

In a lot of cases we were expecting to be asked to do the mod, but that's not important. Chris will be putting mine together for me as I'm just a female linesman and don't know the offside rule  :evilgrin:
pmsl
No its just i like to do everything myself bit of an OCD really, that and i dont have the lights yet :-)