Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 153060 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #405 on: July 08, 2012, 08:57:15 pm »
....Which is why soldiers are brainwashed into 'hating' an enemy, regardless of which side they are fighting for or who the enemy are.

Utter bullsh*t Robin.

Maybe other armies do but I can assure you British soldiers are not "brainwashed" to hate anyone!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #406 on: July 08, 2012, 09:09:51 pm »
Ive actually warmed to Alonso a little bit :surprised: although i do hate ferrari.

The one person i really hate at the moment (seen as though we're on the subject) and would love to see hit a concrete wall at 200mph is maldonado, ok every driver crashes into someone as lewis did last year but maldonado has deliberately rammed two guys so far and there not gonna be the last and im talking about the incidents at Spa and monaco.

Mclaren are well off the pace aswell 8th is a pretty poor showing.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #407 on: July 08, 2012, 09:12:16 pm »
Anyone see the pic of Alonso on Webber & Vettel's cars.  :grin:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:57:04 am by vRS Carl »

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: July 09, 2012, 09:14:59 am »
^^^^^
Said picture needs to be posted......

I think Alonso deserves a lot of credit for his early season form. Nice to see Massa performing a little better also. As much as i dont perticularly like either i dont want to see Vettel waving his stupid finger in the air..

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #409 on: July 09, 2012, 10:10:55 am »
I like Seb Vettel and I like Ferrari. But this isn't like football where you get locked into faithfully only supporting one particular team.

I'm well known for waving my finger in the air too (always in a friendly way).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #410 on: July 09, 2012, 10:14:29 am »
But this isn't like football where you get locked into faithfully only supporting one particular team.

Isn't it?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #411 on: July 09, 2012, 10:19:33 am »

But this isn't like football where you get locked into faithfully only supporting one particular team.

Isn't it?

....Well, I feel sorry for anyone who thinks it is. The one-team-only mentality is very small-minded IMO. I have a favourite team but don't feel depressed and sulk when they don't win - That's just behaving like a spoilt child. Yeah, I know, thousands if not millions of people are like that  :stupid:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #412 on: July 09, 2012, 10:30:10 am »
I'm not sure you understand sport Robin.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #413 on: July 09, 2012, 10:34:55 am »
 :signLOL:

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #414 on: July 09, 2012, 10:37:05 am »
^^^^
I thought you would react like that. "Persuaded' might be a more appropriate word than "brainwashed". But this is not the thread to discuss or debate such subjects.

Robin I have to say that I am dissapointed that you have not gone back and removed the comments relating to soldiers, instead stating this is not the thread to discuss or debate such quotes.

The comments are a red rag to a bull to any Service man/woman, as vRS Carl as already made the position clear I will say no more than re-iterate that I am dissapointed the comments are stil visible to all.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #415 on: July 09, 2012, 10:42:27 am »
^^^^
I have removed my post (and other parts which may offend). The thread then needs further clearing up.

I would though like to make it clear that I have nothing but respect and support for Service men/women as individuals. I simply don't think they should be out there in places like Afghanistan at all and that is my right to have that opinion. I don't permanently display a large silk poppy in my windscreen for no reason.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:46:02 am by RedRobin »

Offline Apollo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Middlesbrough
« Reply #416 on: July 09, 2012, 11:03:44 am »
^^^^
I have removed my post (and other parts which may offend). The thread then needs further clearing up.

I would though like to make it clear that I have nothing but respect and support for Service men/women as individuals. I simply don't think they should be out there in places like Afghanistan at all and that is my right to have that opinion. I don't permanently display a large silk poppy in my windscreen for no reason.

Robin I never doubted you didnt have, many thanks for the clean up of your posts.  I have to agree and I have no problem stating publicly we should be all home!

Anyway back to the thread.....

Maldonado - As much as I do think he is a 'poor' driver compared to others I do think this weekends crash was a direct result of a bump as he cornered. In slow mo you can see his car physically lift and jolt to the right. Alas as EJ and DC both said he has previous and so the resulting fine had to some.

Kobayashi - How can you come into the pit lane and not control your car?

Webber - If a Brit can't win then he is the next best thing, a good well thought out plan and patience won the day for Red bull.

Button and Hamilton - Both suffered from a poor set up - I still cant believe how bad they where!

Massa - Passionate but let down by a poor car.

Alonso - My least favourite driver is starting to grow on me!! I actually felt for him when Webber overtook him (after I cheered) as it was obvious his tyre stratgey wouldn't work.

Lastly I caught Murray Walker giving a classic Go Go Go on the BBC coverage on Saturday.....bring him back!!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #417 on: July 09, 2012, 01:06:38 pm »
^^^^
There is only one Murray Walker!  :notworthy:

But I must say that I think that Jake is extremely good and of course, Eddie Jordan is a character we would miss if he wasn't there. Dare I say that I see a lot of myself in his character.

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #418 on: July 09, 2012, 02:24:43 pm »
What about his dress sense Robin...? Got any nice fancy flowery type shirts hiding away anywhere lol

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #419 on: July 09, 2012, 02:27:10 pm »

What about his dress sense Robin...? Got any nice fancy flowery type shirts hiding away anywhere lol

....Yes, I have! I loved that Indian purple Beatle-style 'shirt' he gallantly auctioned.