Make a donation

Author Topic: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo  (Read 195504 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
« Reply #630 on: April 07, 2013, 09:45:48 pm »
Everybody who needs to know knows the figures this motor runs without the WMI pumping, Just to re-cap this runs 400hp on my dyno with no meth on a pump file at 1.7 bar (428 hp still in pump with single point WMI)
:happy2: :happy2:

What sort of boost can it run or is 1.7 about the most without adding the WMI?  Would be interesting to see what this does with ported and polished head as well

Yes the run was on 104 octane with 50% WMI on direct port running a 3 year old Giac map

Think if most people are honest you'll find lots of them running fuel sweeteners at dyno days, with a specific dyno map in some cases

What sort of gains are the 104 Oct and the WMI are making individually over a no meth/pump fuel map, ie how much of the 75Hp is attributed to the 104Ron fuel and how much for the direct port WMI?

380lbft between 5-7k!! whats it peaking at then!!!!  4wd conversion needed there id imagine  :grin:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:05:30 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #631 on: April 07, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »
I run 1,8 bar on my LO4XX daily  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #632 on: April 07, 2013, 10:24:59 pm »

Whats the "safe" limit for this turbo boost wise regarding the EGTs etc when not using WMI or race fuel?#

Are you looking at WMI with yours?

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #633 on: April 08, 2013, 09:01:59 am »

Whats the "safe" limit for this turbo boost wise regarding the EGTs etc when not using WMI or race fuel?#

Are you looking at WMI with yours?

Yes when i get some good results without and feel i have reach what it can do without WMI, then i will be fitting it as i don't do that many miles in it no more in everyday use  :happy2:

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #634 on: April 08, 2013, 10:07:36 am »
looks like a great result to me and yes it would be less on v power but so what, still interesting to see what it is capable of  :drinking:

Loba seem to be a bit like marmite... people sem to be genuinely excited about some of their products, or quite negative but in part is this not due to the competition being a little scared?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #635 on: April 09, 2013, 08:08:28 pm »
Here we go, straight from th e Statller FB page.

Statllers in house LOBA Motorsport GmbH LO4xx Golf DSG dyno graph from this Saturday (6-4-13) overlaid with a stock Golf Ed-30 DSG

GIAC race map with 104 octane and multi port wmi

lovely plateau of torque there.  Its the first time ive ever seen a spike in power torque that high up the rev range though  :confused: Looks like if it carrie don going up at the rate before the spike it would have been about 440-450hp ish. 

Intrigued what RPM thats at.  The power/torque curves will cross at 5252rpm on a graph with equal hp/lbft scales so LO4xx must be peaking at nearly 7k!! or am i looking at that wrong?

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #636 on: April 09, 2013, 09:20:00 pm »
Seems right to me, mine also pulls to redline without a drop in torque

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #637 on: April 09, 2013, 11:24:39 pm »
The peak is just over 7 k rpm on the Race tune Si. ( stock Ed was 5850 )
The spike isn't really a power spike as such it's the way the dyno applies the brakes to keep a steady load, the more power the car has the more load it automatically applies, so the faster the power rises the harder the brakes are applied, as the dyno takes back control the brakes ease and you see a spike, the TAT software takes the spike into consideration before spitting a number out etc etc etc  :indifferent: ( getting drowsy now ! )

We're testing more hardware soon, keep an eye on Facebook I'm sure you'll have seen something similar before  :wink:

Jake I'll keep you posted you'll deffo be interested and want to try  :happy2:

Btw this run was under 27 pounds of boost,

Sure someone will jump in now with the nasties

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #638 on: April 09, 2013, 11:52:23 pm »

We're testing more hardware soon, keep an eye on Facebook I'm sure you'll have seen something similar before  :wink:

Flowed head ? :party:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=scbbi38e9714pgst02skfd954j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #639 on: April 09, 2013, 11:59:56 pm »

Sure someone will jump in now with the nasties

About time you removed that bee from your bonnet Steve!!!!!!

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #640 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:13 am »
how much are these turbos?  might get one for mine once i make it AWD.

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #641 on: April 10, 2013, 12:37:45 pm »

Nooo Its not that mate although better valve springs are on the cards   :laugh:

Were teaming up with a new tuning partner testing some real exciting new hardware, that if all goes well will change even the way the stock K04's are tuned from then on   :wink:

Offline Leach76

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #642 on: April 10, 2013, 12:50:11 pm »
Seems to me people are always going to say their bit and doubt people's claimed figures it doesnt matter who its from.

Some people from here may know me and some dont but i have known Steve and the lads a long time and i can say people dont understand how many times the cars ( going back to Craigs Ko4 also ) have been played about with trying various different things, basically since the first time they got there Ko4's they have been what i call lab rats having the shoot kicked out of them a lot more than most cars would get to see if they hold up and where can they push a bit more but then again still managing to be every day drivers.

If they blow an engine they can look in to where things went wrong as they want to know what can safely be done on there own cars so it doesnt happen to yours, they are happy to lap that cost up of an engine etc as one report of bad work can ruin any company and the work it gets in future for life and its basically same with his porsche.

What better way of showing what they can do than by spending money on his own cars and been out there doing it ? Its ok people saying we can remap your pride and joy but i know i would more positive knowing they had that car of there own they have done that work on and seen any issues it may cause or weakness you may see.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:43:33 pm by Leach76 »

Phantom black S3,Giac stage1 & Evoms intake

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #643 on: April 10, 2013, 01:00:09 pm »

We're testing more hardware soon, keep an eye on Facebook I'm sure you'll have seen something similar before  :wink:

Nooo Its not that mate although better valve springs are on the cards   :laugh:

Were teaming up with a new tuning partner testing some real exciting new hardware, that if all goes well will change even the way the stock K04's are tuned from then on   :wink:

YOu've got me thinking now. You said its something similar that we have seen before.

You have WMI already so that's obviously out, its not a flowed head, so thats gone.  Id imagine its not nitrous a la Hurdy.  Valve train maybe?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:06:49 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #644 on: April 10, 2013, 01:15:59 pm »

Were teaming up with a new tuning partner testing some real exciting new hardware, that if all goes well will change even the way the stock K04's are tuned from then on   :wink:
[/quote]

Sounds intriguing, does this mean you can potentially squeeze more out of the stage2+ cars with the relevant mysterious hardware ?