Make a donation

Author Topic: Detail My Ride - Ft SaintSteve's Tornado ED30 (Phylis)  (Read 11148 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=me693edj38lbpc3ogtnm625l64&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Detail My Ride - Ft SaintSteve's Tornado ED30 (Phylis)
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 10:57:16 pm »
Photographing red is a piece of piss. Red always pops in digital photos

Looks much better now Steve. What the hell had that other detailing chap been doing to it???

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 10:59:59 pm »
If I was ever to get my car detailed (rather unlikely) I have no doubt that DMR would be the first I would call.  :notworthy:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=me693edj38lbpc3ogtnm625l64&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 11:24:50 pm »
If I was ever to get my car detailed (rather unlikely) I have no doubt that DMR would be the first I would call.  :notworthy:

You should do Robin.... at 100,000+ miles your car will look a hundred times better for it.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 11:36:59 pm »
If I was ever to get my car detailed (rather unlikely) I have no doubt that DMR would be the first I would call.  :notworthy:

You should do Robin.... at 100,000+ miles your car will look a hundred times better for it.

....You're right but I'd rather spend the money on something else such as the more expensive Nanodrive engine oil. My bodywork isn't that bad, although SaintSteve or a detailer wouldn't agree with me.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Saintsteve

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 07:09:28 am »

....You're right but I'd rather spend the money on something else such as the more expensive Nanodrive engine oil. My bodywork isn't that bad, although SaintSteve or a detailer wouldn't agree with me.

I think that if your planning to keep your car long term though, surely isn't it like giving the exterior a freshen up and keeping it looking like the day you first bought and layed eyes on her  :love:

Bodywork is just as critical to me, as is an Oil change in some respects. but thats just my opinion  :happy2

For relatively little expense robin, it's well worth and surprising how much different it looks.  :drinking:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:12:10 am by Saintsteve »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:39 am »

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 10:51:41 am »
Does look very nice in the flesh, just can't believe it was actually that bad before.  :surprised:

Great work Nathan!  :notworthy:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 01:57:32 pm »
Thanks folks!  :ashamed:

Forgot to say in the write up that Steve supplied the LSP which was Natty's Red Wax. Really easy to use and filled the unit with a great smell! Steve will have to add his comments regarding longevity.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 02:21:49 pm »
^^^^
I've just checked out the Services page on your DMR web site, Nath (and now have stripey vision as a result of the white text on black background!)....

Your prices are much less than I expected and also you have a good range of cost options. Don't hold your breath on my account but perhaps one day I might head your way.

Saintsteve

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 06:21:36 pm »
Photographing red is a piece of piss. Red always pops in digital photos

Looks much better now Steve. What the hell had that other detailing chap been doing to it???

His polishing equipment wasn't strong enough to de-swirl it Rich. VWs paint being as hard as it is, requires a stronger pad, if you check Meguires Site, they do a kit purely for treating VW cars.

the other scratches were from the wet sanding that was tried , but again because the clear coat is so hard , it was too deep for his Polishing gear to properly restore it,which Nathan and Gaz then had the pleasure  :ashamed:.

Nathan also more or less completely blended in the boot lid that had a Nasty scratch that David Proctor Was kind enough to fill in at short notice but again couldn't blend it properly which Nathan has managed. :happy2:

Yea, I regularly use Nattys Red Paste wax as the cars LSP which if you love to eat strawberrys, it's the Wax you could almost eat from the pot, it's smells that good  :ashamed:. It's currently my favourite, along with using Supernatural Hybrid on the alloys I tend to use of the Black gloss parts on the car.
Nattys Red is around £15 a pot and as good as Concours red  which is also ment to be good too although looking at cars that have used it, it looks u get similar results providing your cars paint is in good shape before using to give the best look.

one thing I'd like to say is, get Nathan to show you his Ken Dodd feather duster.. Make me laugh watching him making sure the car didn't have a single spec of Mosquito poo on her when I arrived... Made me and Mrs Saint chuckle  :laugh:

@robin... Honestly robin, you won't be disappointed, it's really is worth doing if you can.  if you passing this weekend as I know your going to JKM, pop by mine and your welcome to come take alook. :happy2:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:23:20 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 10:31:08 pm »

@robin... Honestly robin, you won't be disappointed, it's really is worth doing if you can.  if you passing this weekend as I know your going to JKM, pop by mine and your welcome to come take alook. :happy2:

....I'm at JKM Thursday morning, staying overnight with friends, back to JKM Friday and home Saturday. Then off to Gurston Down hillclimb on Sunday. So can't drop by at weekend but thanks for the invite.  :happy2:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 09:58:11 pm »
looking good, I thought it would be a Vics wax. Never got got round to trying the nattys red had prev tried the blue and white, but have 3 pots left over of the red :wink: so no doubt it will get an airing.

Offline bigmig95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 50
  • I know enough to know that I don't know enough.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53191.0.html
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 09:00:34 am »
 :congrats: looks stunning

Saintsteve

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 08:04:31 pm »
looking good, I thought it would be a Vics wax. Never got got round to trying the nattys red had prev tried the blue and white, but have 3 pots left over of the red :wink: so no doubt it will get an airing.

If your willing to loose a pot or two Keith, let me know mate  :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 10:17:47 pm »

If your willing to loose a pot or two Keith, let me know mate  :happy2:

I could be tempted to invest in a pot to eat use!  :laugh: