Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your Revo question's and answer's in here please. ***  (Read 38722 times)

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: revo stage 2 +
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 08:52:25 pm »
Im holding back from getting coilovers and stage 2+ until i know im going to keep the car for a while. Its very tempting though :evilgrin:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 09:22:33 pm »
I've posted in the thread on ASN with my usual distaste for REVO claimed figures, which funnily enough was agreed with by Carl from REVO.  If you get a chance have a look at the REVO product press release for the K04 software, it'll make you chuckle and quantify everything.  :grin:

As you say it's the great dyno lottery and a dyno can be made to give, within reason, whatever figures you want it to.

There is a second dyno print on ASN for about 340hp which is much more believable.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 09:42:56 pm »
I've posted in the thread on ASN with my usual distaste for REVO claimed figures, which funnily enough was agreed with by Carl from REVO.  If you get a chance have a look at the REVO product press release for the K04 software, it'll make you chuckle and quantify everything.  :grin:

As you say it's the great dyno lottery and a dyno can be made to give, within reason, whatever figures you want it to.

There is a second dyno print on ASN for about 340hp which is much more believable.

Doesn't help that these cars are all done on different dynos either to be fair..  :confused: But anything around the 340bhp mark with Revo Stage 2+ would be more than enough IMO. The bloody thing is quick enough as it is..  :grin:
Stu, how are the mods on the S3 coming on? What's been done to it so far?

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 09:50:47 pm »
You do need to remember there are differences between the S3 lump and the ED30/Cupra lump, not just intercooler but cylinder head, compression ratios etc so there are always going to be variations when modded :smiley:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 01:06:29 am »
You do need to remember there are differences between the S3 lump and the ED30/Cupra lump, not just intercooler but cylinder head, compression ratios etc so there are always going to be variations when modded :smiley:

Agreed :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 08:41:54 am »
Cylinder head change anyone LOL

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 07:01:50 pm »
Stu, how are the mods on the S3 coming on? What's been done to it so far?

All very quiet this end to be honest mate, bought some new software as soon as I got it but that's about it.  Slotted in one of those nice little RNS-E units to tidy up the dashboard.

I've got to get round to painting the disk hubs as they are rusting nicely but it's been too cold for hammerite lately.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Just used the Revo Select Switch for the first time...
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 06:41:58 pm »
This is the start of this thread

And yes, before you all say so..i should have gone for the Select Plus, but I foolishly didn't!

But anyway....

Put it back to 'standard' as the car is in for a service with the dealer tomorrow...and.....

My God!!!!!!! It feels absolutely dead! Its like I'm driving a car with a 1.0 engine!! Can't believe that the car was ever that slowwwwwwwwwww  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can't wait to be able to load the Stage 2 back on! Lets hope that the dealer doesn't do a ECU update! The thing is, i don't really want to tell them to not put any update on, because I don't really want get into discussions concerning the fact that I have mapped it! If they find out, then thats cool, but if they don't I'd rather keep it that way!

Anyone else on here put their car back to standard mode? Really puts the map into perspective doesn't it!  :grin: :grin: :grin:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:18:03 pm by Top Cat »
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Just used the Revo Select Switch for the first time...
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2008, 06:48:56 pm »
yeh i put mine into standard for its first service a few weeks back and it was horrible, i had to put the map back on whilst sat in VW car park before going home LOL

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2008, 06:51:48 pm »
yeh i put mine into standard for its first service a few weeks back and it was horrible, i had to put the map back on whilst sat in VW car park before going home LOL

Hahaha!! I was just thinking that I will do exactly the same! As little driving as possible on the standard map  :grin: :grin:

No offence meant to those who have yet to map their cars  :chicken:

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 07:04:40 pm »
40bhp isnt that much difference!!, ok it hardly makes the car horrible :sick:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2008, 07:07:38 pm »
i wondered when you would come phil

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2008, 07:12:01 pm »
mines APRd stage 1, ive not got anyway to do std, it went for its 1st serv last month AOK, it had an update whilst in, but the lad doing service came through to ask if its mapped, as he didnt want do delete owt, nice of him.
i think the 30-40 is noticeable its that rush of boost/get up and go, (need more)  :driver:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2008, 07:18:09 pm »
40bhp isnt that much difference!!, ok it hardly makes the car horrible :sick:

Drive it back-to-back and you will say the same as me!

Although 45hp isnt too much relative to what can be achieved, it feels massively different. Another reason for it is that the Revo settings that I have mean that the boost comes in very early and all at once - therefore making the car feel very urgent!! At the moment, its like the car has no pick up at all!
 :happy2:

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2008, 08:13:37 pm »
ok