Make a donation

Author Topic: The EU vote,  (Read 8529 times)

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 60
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: Golf GT TDI 57reg
The EU vote,
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:10:53 pm »
Hi all, I'm still trying to workout what Nicola sturgeon is going on about,,,  The People of Scotland voted to Remain in the UK a couple of years ago & the UK as a whole voted to leave the EU, Since the vote she has been going on & on about Scotland being taken out of the EU against its will ? Sorry ms Sturgeon but I thought a vote is a vote,

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: The EU vote,
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 10:54:46 pm »
Hi all, I'm still trying to workout what Nicola sturgeon is going on about,,,  The People of Scotland voted to Remain in the UK a couple of years ago & the UK as a whole voted to leave the EU, Since the vote she has been going on & on about Scotland being taken out of the EU against its will ? Sorry ms Sturgeon but I thought a vote is a vote,

Some of the UK voted to leave the EU....but the margin was extremely small, which means that a lot of people don't agree with the exit. The process was fundamentally flawed by a lot of mis-information, as well well as general ignorance by the wider public, particularly around things relating to matters relevant to the European Convention on Human Rights etc and not the EU, which is significantly quite different.

Cameron should have ensured that the process was beyond doubt, by building in a significant (10-20%)majority for exit. He didn't, and now we have this disgusting 'virtual licence' for the moronic racist elements who think that they have wider approval for racist attacks. No wonder Scotland is taking this stance, apart from other reasons.... Little Britain! :doh:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:56:04 am by Juliand »

Offline DANBOY66

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 06:17:32 am »
sturgeon is just trying to stir things up to get another Scottish referendum

the people that voted remain need to get on with life !

we are leaving it would be better for everyone if we do it together

all this little Britain is sour grapes   
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2v1o608g01bpkp6jth7011kll0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 06:29:07 am »
Yeah, little Britain...... Remind me, who came second in the olympics?

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 11:19:23 am »
sturgeon is just trying to stir things up to get another Scottish referendum

the people that voted remain need to get on with life !

all this little Britain is sour grapes
.  Agree 100%

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 11:38:34 am »

Some of the UK voted to leave the EU....but the margin was extremely small, which means that a lot of people don't agree with the exit. The process was fundamentally flawed by a lot of mis-information, as well well as general ignorance by the wider public, particularly around things relating to matters relevant to the European Convention on Human Rights etc and not the EU, which is significantly quite different.

Cameron should have ensured that the process was beyond doubt, by building in a significant (10-20%)majority for exit. He didn't, and now we have this disgusting 'virtual licence' for the moronic racist elements who think that they have wider approval for racist attacks. No wonder Scotland is taking this stance, apart from other reasons.... Little Britain! :doh:
. Yeah I agree with a lot you say ref What Cameron should have done & I agree the attacks on other people are Wrong that's for sure, I maybe wrong but many people I know don't have a problem with anyone coming to the UK because people have been coming here for decades without any problems, It seems what people are fed up with is the Mass of people coming here from Eastern Europe,,, I know a lots of people from Eastern Europe & they are no different to anyone else, But there are some who don't give a fig for this country & are only interested in making money,

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 11:56:55 am »
Employers are the only people making money because they just want people to carry on coming here so they can continue to have cheap labour & keep wages as low as possible, One thing I can't understand,,, About 12 years ago we brought a small house about 30 miles south of Carcassonne in France with the idea of living there one day, We had to learn French so we could mix with the locals & because we were going to France,,,  A few months ago I was up in Lincolnshire & had to call into A&E in Lincoln & as I walked in I noticed a sign in about 6 different Eastern Europe languages  (Why).  People are people no matter where they come from But I think the money wasted on signs like that could be used to treat people in hospital instead,, I maybe wrong !!!

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 02:48:41 pm »
At the end of the day Europe needs us just as we need them & I think when other EU country's see the UK making a go of it then other country's will be voting to leave so they can make their own laws for their own people, Just my opinion

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 05:17:56 am »

So I suppose we should always just lie back and accept things that happen to us, even if we don't agree with them?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 05:24:33 am by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 07:05:49 am »

So I suppose we should always just lie back and accept things that happen to us, even if we don't agree with them?

nothing to do with lying back and excepting it

we had a vote and the remain camp lost that's what makes this country so great

its called democracy

would you rather live in a country that every time a vote don't go the government's way they cheat/scam and lie till it does

politics and religion two biggest things people argue and fight over and tbh two things i really don't care about we all have our views and and everyone's is different that's why we have a majority vote wins system its very fare 
Dan..

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 07:15:20 am »
Except the irony is that we're now left with an unelected Prime Minister because of it all.

Democracy ey?

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 07:29:34 am »
If we were not in the EU would we have wanted to join it ? I think if you look at it this way makes the vote out seem the only way to vote. The EU has been failing for many years at vast expense to all those in it.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 07:30:09 am »
i must say i would not of voted her in

but i would rather her get us out the eu than david as he has no spine
Dan..

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 10:34:01 am »

its called democracy

would you rather live in a country that every time a vote don't go the government's way they cheat/scam and lie till it does

politics and religion two biggest things people argue and fight over and tbh two things i really don't care about we all have our views and and everyone's is different that's why we have a majority vote wins system its very fare

If one felt strongly about leaving the EU and the vote went the other way, would people still be shouting sour grapes if they continued to campaign to leave? No so why do remain voters not get the same courtesy to express their opinions and object to a decision that they see as being detrimental to the whole country?

Going back on topic in regards to Scotland, they voted to remain by a far bigger margin than the whole of the UK voted to leave. Being from a region that also had a remain majority I understand their frustrations and though I would much rather our United Kingdom remained united, they are entitled to have their voice heard. That is what living in a free country means.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 01:37:23 pm »

its called democracy

. I couldn't agree with you more,,, Well said mate