Author Topic: MK5 Golf GTI 3 Door DSG One Off UK Colour High Spec 2005 55  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 203
  • -Receive: 198
    • Email
MK5 Golf GTI 3 Door DSG One Off UK Colour High Spec 2005 55
« on: September 10, 2017, 09:18:21 PM »
Sold
MK5 Golf GTI 3 Door DSG One Off UK Colour High Spec 2005 55
£5450.00
Collection Only

A unique opportunity to own this very special 3 door DSG GTI. It truly is a one off specification and has been cared for meticulously throughout its life. Comes with a full Volkswagen Service history, and accompanying paperwork. Only ever run on Shell V Power.
Finished in stunning Deep Violet Pearl this GTI comes with all factory fitted options as listed:
Xenon Headlights
18-inch Monzas
DSG Gearbox
Deep Violet Pearl Metallic Paint, (LC4U)
Vienna anthracite heated leather with electric Lumbar control
Multifunction steering wheel with paddle shift
Electric tilt/slide sunroof
Rear R32 Lights
RCD + VW sound pack (precursor to Dynaudio)
Amplifier fitted under passenger seat + 8 speakers
Cruise control
Climate control
Winter pack
Lighting pack
Comfort pack including heated seats
Auto dim rear-view mirror
Folding heated door mirrors
Coming home / leaving home function
Under seat storage bins

I purchased the car in October last year as my MK7 Golf R was going back, and I hadn't sorted a replacement. The car was purchased from the first owner, who had ordered and collected the car form the Autostadt Main dealer in Wolfsburg Germany. He had a business in Germany and managed to convince them to order a UK specification car in a colour only available in Europe. On collection he asked for the R32 lights to be fitted which was duly done there and then for him. He then used the car daily which involved many trips to Germany (hence the current mileage of around 144k), until he then ordered a new MK7 Golf R and the GTI was garaged as initially he didn't want to sell. Fortunately due to a change in circumstance the car came onto the market and I snapped it up as soon as I saw it. The car was a credit to its former owner and was mechanically spot on, as it had a full Volkswagen Service history, and had been maintained regardless of cost. Cambelt was last changed @ 121k in October 2013.

Being an enthusiast there were some things I wanted to do once I took ownership, so the following work was carried out:
Full GTechnic detail
A visit to AKS for a health check
New Genuine Fuel Filter
New Alternator Pulley
DSG reset
2 x new Continental Sport Contact 5 tyres
New Rear wiper arm, and wipers all round
New high level rear brake light
New genuine 'GTI' carpet set
Suspension refresh including:
Both front lower ball joints
Rear Toe Arm Bushes
Rear Drop Links
Front Lower Dog Bone/Engine Mount

The car then went into VW for an MOT where it was discovered two of the OE springs were cracked. So I had a set of Eibach Pro-Kit Springs fitted by VW, and a full alignment.

I was unhappy with the tapping noise that can become problematic on these cars, so instructed Volkswagen to replace the full Cam Chain kit which included all tensioners, gaskets and the lower oil pickup pipe and a full flush through of the engine. This was all carried out in January and the engine is a quiet as when new. So as you'd expect this particular GTI does really drive and go like new. I have owned many MK5 GTI's and without doubt this goes and handles better than anything I have owned.

So other than the Eibach springs the car has an ITG panel filter, has never been re-mapped and is totally standard. I cannot re-iterate enough how nice this car is to own and drive, and is certainly not your 'usual' MK5 GTI.

So like any car of this age there are a few minus points being totally honest. As pictured the drivers leather seat has a small tear, but the rest of the leather is literally like new. The wheels would benefit from a refurb, but as you will see from the pics still look stunning in the sun. Both wings have been painted by Volkswagen under warranty, and the drivers side actually replaced. Unfortunately the passenger side as pictured has started to bubble again. Obviously still under warranty but I just have not had the time to do this. The usual age related marks here and there, but no panel damage.

The car has an MOT until May next year, with no advisories at all. Viewing is essential and please feel free to ask any questions if I have missed anything out.

Car is located in Solihull for viewing.
Cheers
Nathan

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:41:07 PM by Greeners »

Offline Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 430
    • Email
Re: MK5 Golf GTI 3 Door DSG One Off UK Colour High Spec 2005 55
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:12:38 PM »
Stunning car Nath and such a rare colour and car..can I ask why you got rid of the 7r as that will be my next one

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 203
  • -Receive: 198
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:15:53 PM »
Stunning car Nath and such a rare colour and car..can I ask why you got rid of the 7r as that will be my next one

Thanks buddy. Was a lease car mate so was due back. Great car, I just found it a little dull.

Offline bright blue

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 07:50:59 PM »
I this still available ?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You