Make a donation

Author Topic: Comfortheaterparts  (Read 3977 times)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Comfortheaterparts
« on: December 20, 2009, 05:55:41 pm »
Hi,

I have bought a used original comfortheater from a Mk V GTI DSG ED30, it comes with an antenna and controlbox for antenna;
my question is;
 is this antenna also the radioantenna??

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:27:54 pm by danishmkvgti »

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Comfortheaterparts
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 06:13:22 pm »
the golf has trin areil...keep me posted how har that is to fit as i fancy the shark fin on myn cheers

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 06:31:48 pm »
I believe it does but normally these are fitted with the diversity aerial built-in to the rear screen to ensure good radio reception.  :happy2:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 06:35:34 pm »
^^ i have one of those on mine. Didnt know that about the aerial in the rear screen though  :happy2:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 12:23:42 pm »
I believe it does but normally these are fitted with the diversity aerial built-in to the rear screen to ensure good radio reception.  :happy2:

The roof-mounted shark-fin, the roof-mounted bee sting, and the rear screen diversity aerials  - generally one or the other is activated, not both.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:27:33 pm »

The roof-mounted shark-fin, the roof-mounted bee sting, and the rear screen diversity aerials  - generally one or the other is activated, not both.

so by fitting this instead of my bee sting arial, i can by vcds activate the rear window option??

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 12:46:08 pm »

so by fitting this instead of my bee sting arial, i can by vcds activate the rear window option??
If you already have a roof-mounted bee-sting, and are merely swapping the bee-sting for a shark fin, I doubt the rear screen antenna has the necessary diversity amplifiers fitted.  The actual rear screen glass is just a 'one size fits all', with the antenna trace wires embedded similar to the heater elements.  Remove the interior trim around the rear screen to check for the aerial amps.  I would reckon a different control module would be fitted to support the differing hardware - so prolly not just a VCDS tweak.
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 01:27:48 pm »

If you already have a roof-mounted bee-sting, and are merely swapping the bee-sting for a shark fin, I doubt the rear screen antenna has the necessary diversity amplifiers fitted.  The actual rear screen glass is just a 'one size fits all', with the antenna trace wires embedded similar to the heater elements.  Remove the interior trim around the rear screen to check for the aerial amps.  I would reckon a different control module would be fitted to support the differing hardware - so prolly not just a VCDS tweak.

so by buying the amps, fit them to the wiring from the rear window, it should work?  :smiley:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 03:31:01 pm »

No, that is not correct in my experience.

It will depend on the type of factory fitted equipment.

The cars with RCD-300 and no phone prep will only have the one bee sting connected (and a single aerial plug) at the head unit side of things.

If you had the RCD-500, MF2 / RNS Nav then you would have the diversty aerial connected (and a double aerial connection at the head unit end).

Other difference will be the early 05 plates what don't have a roof aerial at all.  :smiley:

cameluk

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 11:16:34 pm »
I don't think that has Radio

I thought the connectors were as follows ;-

red - phone
brown - remote heater
blue GPS
white - radio

Thought you needed the whip for the radio, unless you have an older Golf with the radio aerials built into the back screen

Annoyingly ETKA has no description available for that part number

ETKA just says this is the aerial for GPS, no mention of phone or heater

1K0963585 is the aerial filter for models with aux heater with remote control and telephone
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:24:49 pm by cameluk »

cameluk

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 11:27:34 pm »
I don't think that has Radio

I thought the connectors were as follows ;-

red - phone
brown - remote heater
blue GPS
white - radio

Thought you needed the whip for the radio, unless you have an older Golf with the radio aerials built into the back screen

Annoyingly ETKA has no description available for that part number

ETKA just says this is the aerial for GPS, no mention of phone or heater which looks like the wrong description to me

1K0963585 is the aerial filter for models with aux heater with remote control and telephone

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 06:51:14 pm »

No, that is not correct in my experience.

It will depend on the type of factory fitted equipment.

The cars with RCD-300 and no phone prep will only have the one bee sting connected (and a single aerial plug) at the head unit side of things.

If you had the RCD-500, MF2 / RNS Nav then you would have the diversty aerial connected (and a double aerial connection at the head unit end).
You are sort of correct, and I was sort of wrong.

Basically, the RCD300 has just one radio tuner, and so is not able to utilise the two 'inputs' of the rear screen diversity aerial.

However, the RCD500 and RNS-MFD have two separate internal radio tuners (the giveaway is the ability to be able to record and store traffic announcements).  These definately need the dual input of the diversity rear screen aerial - however, they may also be supplemented (or) not by a roof aerial - dependent on other radio receiving equipment (car fone, sat nav).  Generally, the RCD500 with no other kit will not have a roof aerial, but a roof aerial (but who knows what type - shark fin, or shark fin with stubby bee sting) will always be fitted with either sat nav, or fone prep, or both.

Other difference will be the early 05 plates what don't have a roof aerial at all.  :smiley:
Correct.  :happy2:
------

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:58 pm »
I had an rcd 300 fitted as standard and I had two aerial leads connected at the rear of the unit, one white and one brown.

I have a 2005 '55'. I have an aftermarket stereo with one aerial input and have tried both leads in turn and now have a y connector with amplifier and the reception is still rubbish!! I have the beesting on the roof.

Not too bothered because the RNS is going in next week but just wanted to share that with you guys!
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators