Make a donation

Author Topic: My TDI Jetta Road to 350 petrol converted horses  (Read 17809 times)

Offline drade

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: My (tragic) TDI Jetta road to 350 horses
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 07:18:25 pm »
Remap killed my clutch and flywheel (1.9 tdi) and then I got a silent single mass darkside set which truly is silent. My car has the gti look as well as brakes, suspension, steering wheel etc.. the only thing missing is gti seats.
and the engine :signLOL:
Honestly, once you are sorted you will not miss it especially if you are talking stock gti.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 09:13:29 pm »
Definitely looking forward to seeing what you do with your Jetta!! Welcome along.
Instagram - sjw_vw. Updated all the time :)

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 09:52:58 pm »
Remap killed my clutch and flywheel (1.9 tdi) and then I got a silent single mass darkside set which truly is silent. My car has the gti look as well as brakes, suspension, steering wheel etc.. the only thing missing is gti seats.

If i rag mine too much i wouldnt expect the clutch to live very long. Its just got to survive till the summer XD

Not much of an update as of yet as plans have changed ever so slightly. Hubs wont be getting re drilled to fit my wheels. I've got arch extensions on the way from murica so the wheels and adapters will go on easily. Got to spend a day at some point going over the car as its mot is november 1st so want to make sure it will make it through in one go.

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 06:51:53 pm »
Previous post failed for some reason.

Anyway.No engine mods atm im afraid.

My replica "edition 30" bumper arrived today along with the replica gloss black honeycomb grill.

definitely one of the better reps i've bought over the years. Not perfect (reps never are) but the moulding used looks correct. Problems to be rectified.

• Lower left grill recess needs very slight trimming so the grill sits flush in the bumper.
  • Quite a lot of "flash" in places including both lower and upper grill but this is to be expected on any replica plastic bumper
  • The 2 top mounting points for the upper grill dont connect to the points on the bumper (unsure which piece is at fault) Looks like the bumper can be trimmed to fit. Must resist urge to cable tie!
  • Mounting points to front wings look a bit iffy (looks like moulding issue) however these will be cut away anyway with the addition of the  arch extensions.
  • "GTI" badge is squiff as hll and marked but i want to cut this off anyway
  • Fog light mountings are still a puzzle at this point. Again, must resist urge to cable tie

Will do a proper test fit on sunday and then prep and prime ready for painting.
I also have a set of "gti" style skirts to go on as well but I will test these at a later date

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 02:18:09 pm »
Hi guys, not much has changed. Been drawing up some plans but nothing to show for it yet.

Still haven't painted the bumper but the weekend gave me a choice. Paint bumper or fit coil overs?

I went for the latter because I just wanted to get it out the way. I don't have the strut spreader tool so I used the next best thing to get the strut out of the hub.

Wasn't sure how low they would go so I wound them down to maximum low for maximum lols.

Before

After

Already ripped the under tray half off

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 11:13:34 am »
Christmas presents to myself arrived yesterday.

Carbon fiber splitter

Carbon fiber arch extentions

Hoping to have them on by the weekend if the weathers good :)

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 11:28:20 am »
and the engine :signLOL:

loool

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 02:02:31 pm »
My arches arrived last week but short days and bad weather mean I have only been able to start it today. Although i have to keep stopping because it keeps raining then giving me about 20 minutes of dry time.

So, test fit with the masking tape (also marking holes for drilling.

I have had similar arches before for a different car (and plastic) but i usually rivet them on, however ecs handily provide some rivnuts (they are supposed to provide a tool for them but it wasnt in there so bought one) I gotta say they are a great way of riveting stuff on as it allows you to take it off without drilling out and re riviting.

The rivnut itself

And then the bolt. Genius.

So 3 rivnuts are in and its currently raining so got to wait for that to pass before fitting the rest of the arches (easy bit) then its time to start cutting.

Shes gonna be wide

4ndy

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 02:23:18 pm »
$%^&  I though this was going to be a run of the mill "ive mapped my sootchucker to 185bhp. Now scare the locals with clouds of soooooooot and teararse my way around the local bypass   How wrong was I   Arches should be mine. Carbon is lushhhhh :happy2: :happy2:

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 02:30:02 pm »
Interested to see how this looks when it's finished up, looks like the ECS Tuning arch extensions fit really well. Shame they don't do a kit for the mk6 Golf yet...

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2015, 04:04:11 pm »
It fits quite well. Not perfect as the front bumper is a rep ed30 bumper and i also dont have any skirts to use as a reference but its gone on ok for now and i'm pleased with the overall look so far. Very....race car lol.

So i've finished fitting the other arch. Broke the rivet gun on the last rivnut in the bumper so all progress halted till i can get hold of another one. I would measure up and drill all the holes for the rear but is starting to rain quite hard and losing light. Was hoping to have all arches on today and then cut out the metal part of the arches and see what sort of spacers i will need with my other wheels but oh well :(

The ecu is out of the car at the moment whilst i tinker with it so i cant actually move it and get a better pic but heres what it looks like at the moment.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2015, 04:06:53 pm »
Did you cut the arch underneath the extensions or nah?  :party:

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2015, 04:47:42 pm »
Did you cut the arch underneath the extensions or nah?  :party:

That was supposed to be tomorrow's job but I'm now behind schedule. The fronts are easy. Pair of tin snips and a touch up pen. The rears consist of inner and outer panels. Cut the outer with a grinder (or something more appropriate if u have it) snip the inner to size then weld together so it's not exactly a walk in the park but it also doesn't take a genius either.

If I don't cut it out the wheels will foul hard on standard arches.

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 09:44:34 pm »
Yup, deffo going to need some bigger spacers. Another 20mm should bring them out a fair bit. Only done one corner so far as it wont stop raining!!!

Offline M9xxr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 11:12:23 pm »
this is going to be one awesome jetta! I'm interested in putting them arches on mine, do they need trimming for a 5 door?