Make a donation

Author Topic: Adjusting coilover height on rear  (Read 3316 times)

Offline mikebgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Adjusting coilover height on rear
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:12:44 pm »
Had KW V3 fitted to my MK5 r32 .I have adjusted the front ride height with no problems at all but when i tried to adjust the rear when i try to turn the nut the whole threaded assembly turns. With no obvious way of gripping the top part how do you it. Is there an easy way with out using grips to hold it dont want to damage it . Thanks for any help. Mike
MK6 Candy GTI picture coming soon

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: Adjusting coilover height on rear
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:58:13 pm »
Had KW V3 fitted to my MK5 r32 .I have adjusted the front ride height with no problems at all but when i tried to adjust the rear when i try to turn the nut the whole threaded assembly turns. With no obvious way of gripping the top part how do you it. Is there an easy way with out using grips to hold it dont want to damage it . Thanks for any help. Mike

Easier to remove it all together, adjust then replace it.. Bit of a pain, but thats the easiest way of doing it.. Unless you just grab the top platform with a big set of grips.. Depends if there seized at all.. Then you have no chance unless there on a bench..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline mikebgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:04:14 pm »
Thanks for that only a week old  so hopfully not seized will have a go at removing them.
MK6 Candy GTI picture coming soon

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 07:13:17 pm »
Thanks for that only a week old  so hopfully not seized will have a go at removing them.

Ohh you should get away with wrapping something round the top seat (non adjuster) and using a set of grips and just spinning the bottom with the c-spanner..

Lift the wheel off the ground to reduce the loading on the spring and it will be a huge amount easier too..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128