Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 powered by RBS  (Read 71439 times)

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
Re: Edition 30 powered by RBS
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2022, 11:27:50 pm »
It's all itching to work on the Ed 30 :laugh: But I have to wait for parts again for the hpfp and some nuts for the downpipe.
Also got a new A/C pressure switch with o ring, will install it hopefully friday. Got some troubles with my A/C.
Bagus helped me out with it :happy2: Went to get the system recharged but my compressor would not engage / turn on :surprised:
So friday after instaling the new switch, it's take 2 for the A/C...
Also got a closer look on the pressure relieve valve under the intake manifold, to remove it for a RS4 one.
That's also going to be a pain to switch :thinking:
The exhaust is next and then the oil pump. So still a long way to suffer  :rolleye:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2022, 11:37:37 pm »
Here’s what VCDS shows for the A/C. Everything is ok and
system should be recharged

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2022, 03:07:35 pm »
Loving the work done!  :congrats:

You're replacing the whole oil pump? Any problems with it to need changing?

I want to replace the timing belt and timing chain this year, and install the balance shaft delete kit from VIS Motorsport. :smiley:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2022, 10:18:30 pm »
@Shoduchi : Hi buddy :wink: Loooong time no hear! How'z life? And still enjoying your lovely Ed 30?
I'm finaly geting to install all the rest of the parts  :jumpmove: Hope to get it all done by the end of April... Then give it a little more jucy Hp! :happy2: Finaly!

As for the oil pump I searched more info about it and after a good chat with an engine "doctor" , he told me that it was not nessecery but it couldn't do any harm to install it. Especialy with the TFSI engine! The balance shafts are known to fail... My first option was also the VIS balance shaft delete sproket  (I bought one) but then I got in contact with MIK Motoren and they got a whole oil pump conversion kit without having to drill in the oil shaft and the pump is set to 6.8 bar.

The timingbelt change is not such a stress as long you follow the procedures, the only difficult/hard thing was the engine mount to the block removal and the little bolt from the timingcover which is behind that engine mount... all the other steps are quiet easy if you follow the instuction manual
As for the timing chain, I didn't change it. Put VCDS on it and all was safe :happy2: but I'll replace it in the future when it's needed.
Enough about me now! :grin: How are the trackdays?  Still enjoying it?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2022, 01:47:15 am »
@Shoduchi : Hi buddy :wink: Loooong time no hear! How'z life? And still enjoying your lovely Ed 30?
I'm finaly geting to install all the rest of the parts  :jumpmove: Hope to get it all done by the end of April... Then give it a little more jucy Hp! :happy2: Finaly!

As for the oil pump I searched more info about it and after a good chat with an engine "doctor" , he told me that it was not nessecery but it couldn't do any harm to install it. Especialy with the TFSI engine! The balance shafts are known to fail... My first option was also the VIS balance shaft delete sproket  (I bought one) but then I got in contact with MIK Motoren and they got a whole oil pump conversion kit without having to drill in the oil shaft and the pump is set to 6.8 bar.

The timingbelt change is not such a stress as long you follow the procedures, the only difficult/hard thing was the engine mount to the block removal and the little bolt from the timingcover which is behind that engine mount... all the other steps are quiet easy if you follow the instuction manual
As for the timing chain, I didn't change it. Put VCDS on it and all was safe :happy2: but I'll replace it in the future when it's needed.
Enough about me now! :grin: How are the trackdays?  Still enjoying it?

Hi buddy! :drinking:
Life's going ok, the pandemic hasn't helped doing everything we like. Still enjoying the Ed. 30 on weekends on mountain roads, mostly. I've sold the diesel Golf and bought a Skoda Octavia vRS mk3 2.0 TSI DSG estate for family duties and I've finished upgrading it recently. It's almost as fast as my Ed. 30 but much cheaper to run after fitting a LPG kit.
I haven't done any track days since late 2019. I plan to return this year after doing a big maintenance to the Eddy. My timing chain is still spot on but I'm going to replace it because the chain plastic guides get brittle due to age.

I hope to see your lovely Ed. 30 running sweet with more power soon. :driver:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2022, 12:38:46 am »

Now I’m having a dilema :
what size are the exhaust nuts which bolt on to the turbo?? Are they M8x1,25 or M10x1,25?
I got these N 102 861 08 I think they are M10?
After some research I think I need these N 911 308 01 (M8)??
I think my exhaust plans have been postponed… :sad1:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 12:46:05 am by RBS »

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2022, 12:42:31 am »
Also got these deliverd today…

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2022, 01:51:51 am »

Now I’m having a dilema :
what size are the exhaust nuts which bolt on to the turbo?? Are they M8x1,25 or M10x1,25?
I got these N 102 861 08 I think they are M10?
After some research I think I need these N 911 308 01 (M8)??
I think my exhaust plans have been postponed… :sad1:

I think you need these for the turbo’s exhaust manifold: 5x N90894601. They’re M8.  :smiley:

Also this exhaust manifold gasket: 06F253039F.

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2022, 02:07:09 am »
Thanks :happy2: Got the gasket already.  These nuts are from the manifold to the block?
I need the 4 from the turbo to the exhaust/cat direction. I think they are also M8?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2022, 08:12:53 am »
Thanks :happy2: Got the gasket already.  These nuts are from the manifold to the block?
I need the 4 from the turbo to the exhaust/cat direction. I think they are also M8?
For the downpipe you need 4x N10286108. They’re M10. You have the correct ones. You can also fit new studs: 4x N0445203.  :smiley:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2022, 11:26:42 am »
 :happy2: Sincero obrigada buddy❤️👍🏻
Maybe there will be an exhaust change tonight😇

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2022, 12:41:57 pm »
Coming along nicely  :happy2:

Just out of interest, you're from Croatia and I think Shoduchi is in Spain or Portugal?  You both have excellent English  :happy2:

I love Croatia. One of my best holidays ever was in Baska Voda, Brač and Hvar  :love:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2022, 05:29:41 pm »
@Pudding: Thanks mate :drinking:

Actually I’m born in Antwerp, Belgium. My parents emigrated from Croatia to Belgium in the late ‘60… but all my family are still living there :wink: some in Zagreb and some in Bošnjaci in Slavonija
We live in Betina on the island Murter, it’s the lowest island of the Kornati islands… and yes it’s a lovely place :happy2: I recharge my batteries over there even if I’m just for the weekend there…

If you’re planning to go to Croatia again, let me know  :wink  that also applies to everyone here :drinking:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2022, 06:04:44 pm »
Now … I was in for a surprize yesterday evening when I came home…  :grin: wife & kiddo said they wanted to go on holiday to Valencia Spain for a week  :surprised: :stupid: so all of my plans for the weekend… in tha bin :confused: guess I’ll post some Valencia pics the next couple of days… :signLOL:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2022, 06:23:38 pm »
Went in the garage to give you all an insight of things to come in the next couple of weeks :wink:… ENJOY  :wink: