Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 241603 times)

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
Re: R5GTT'S TFSI OEM +
« Reply #540 on: November 07, 2016, 10:01:43 am »
You'll get it done pal

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #541 on: November 07, 2016, 11:08:26 am »
Make sure you get the map updated to suit ASAP if fitting injectors - even if just a base map calibrated to the larger injectors, 200 bar rail sensor, 3 bar MAP sensor etc..... or leave everything else as it is and either leave the N75 unplugged (limp mode) or get a spare N75 and plug it in electrically in order to run actuator pressure.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #542 on: November 07, 2016, 01:01:34 pm »
Make sure you get the map updated to suit ASAP if fitting injectors - even if just a base map calibrated to the larger injectors, 200 bar rail sensor, 3 bar MAP sensor etc..... or leave everything else as it is and either leave the N75 unplugged (limp mode) or get a spare N75 and plug it in electrically in order to run actuator pressure.
Thanks for your input/advise @Dan_FR definitely get it mapped so really need to do everything in sink so it's fail proof and I don't have to wait weeks months after fitting it all up.

200bar rail sensor?
3bar map sensor?

Are you saying leave the n75 unplugged till the car gets mapped or add an additional one to compensate things fitted? I'm a little lost now mate?.

I'm guessing it will go into limp mode as the injectors will be requesting more fuel but the map is only oem set up?.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #543 on: November 07, 2016, 01:38:29 pm »
First of all, who is mapping it? I'm going to assume Niki / R-Tech here. If other tuner, then you will need to check their hardware requirements.

Secondly, do not fit the injectors unless the ECU map has been updated to suit - period. If you have to, do not drive it hard, or far, and ensure the MAF is unplugged - car will use the Lambda and correct as much as it can but this is not ideal and should be avoided.

Speak to R-Tech as you could send the ECU in the post and have a suitable K04 base map loaded on to suit the injectors.

When converting a K03 car to a K04, you need to remember the 3 bar MAP sensor (so the car can see more than 1.5 bar of boost) and the 200 bar rail pressure sensor. These are standard sensors on a K04 car. The K03 has 2.5 bar and 150 bar sensors respectively. Some tuners (such as Revo) make do with the original sensors but Revo will not push the limit of your K04 converted car. Double check with R-Tech but I'm pretty sure Niki will want the K04 sensors on there

As for the N75 - If you unplug it the car will be in total limp mode due to an N75 fault/short to ground fault. If you connect a spare/second N75 electrically (only electrically - not plumbed in to the vac pipes - leave these as they are) this will allow the car to run on actuator pressure.

If in doubt, speak to your tuner and ask their advice

TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #544 on: November 07, 2016, 04:27:59 pm »
I've been wondering something myself regarding k04 conversions and injectors. Niki recently mapped a k03 hybrid (to 360bhp and 370lb/ft from memory) on k03 injectors.

Any reason he couldn't do the same with a k04? It'd certainly save money. And make sense if you've recently put a set of refurbed injectors in, as I have. I don't like the idea of having to swap those again for set of k04 injectors, unless it's really necessary.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #545 on: November 07, 2016, 06:16:31 pm »
First of all, who is mapping it? I'm going to assume Niki / R-Tech here. If other tuner, then you will need to check their hardware requirements.

Secondly, do not fit the injectors unless the ECU map has been updated to suit - period. If you have to, do not drive it hard, or far, and ensure the MAF is unplugged - car will use the Lambda and correct as much as it can but this is not ideal and should be avoided.

Speak to R-Tech as you could send the ECU in the post and have a suitable K04 base map loaded on to suit the injectors.

When converting a K03 car to a K04, you need to remember the 3 bar MAP sensor (so the car can see more than 1.5 bar of boost) and the 200 bar rail pressure sensor. These are standard sensors on a K04 car. The K03 has 2.5 bar and 150 bar sensors respectively. Some tuners (such as Revo) make do with the original sensors but Revo will not push the limit of your K04 converted car. Double check with R-Tech but I'm pretty sure Niki will want the K04 sensors on there

As for the N75 - If you unplug it the car will be in total limp mode due to an N75 fault/short to ground fault. If you connect a spare/second N75 electrically (only electrically - not plumbed in to the vac pipes - leave these as they are) this will allow the car to run on actuator pressure.

If in doubt, speak to your tuner and ask their advice
yes I'll be going to niki for this and no messing around he knows his stuff.

I was thinking of fitting it all up and going driving down to niki around 80miles from my home. Is that a bad idea?
I'll give niki a buzz and see what he says as it's better to be safe than sorry.

Right now I understand you  :smiley: get a secondary N75 and just plug it on electronically  :happy2:

I've still got a long way to go in parts yet, S3 injectors on their way.
Now I need all the ancillaries gaskets DV relocate pipe etc.

You've been very helpful as this is the first time I do something like this so all the help is very much appreciated and maybe one day we can all get to get here and have a laugh about it  :happy2: will be doing more show visits when the beast is ready that's for sure.

Thanks again
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:30:33 pm by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #546 on: November 07, 2016, 06:18:29 pm »
I've been wondering something myself regarding k04 conversions and injectors. Niki recently mapped a k03 hybrid (to 360bhp and 370lb/ft from memory) on k03 injectors.

Any reason he couldn't do the same with a k04? It'd certainly save money. And make sense if you've recently put a set of refurbed injectors in, as I have. I don't like the idea of having to swap those again for set of k04 injectors, unless it's really necessary.
from what I've read somewhere the k03 injectors can work but will have too much strain on them and won't be able to request the fuel needed to run the K04 long term but someone tell me otherwise.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #547 on: November 07, 2016, 06:40:45 pm »

from what I've read somewhere the k03 injectors can work but will have too much strain on them and won't be able to request the fuel needed to run the K04 long term but someone tell me otherwise.
I was planning to speak to Niki about it but only when I get round to doing the actual conversion. You'll probably find out for sure before I do. So keep us updated

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #548 on: November 07, 2016, 07:17:36 pm »

I was planning to speak to Niki about it but only when I get round to doing the actual conversion. You'll probably find out for sure before I do. So keep us updated
yeah will give him a call and discuss my requirements and will keep the updates on here going  :happy2:

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:46:32 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #549 on: November 07, 2016, 11:47:01 pm »

He did, but you'd need to factor in a custom FPV as you'll need a lot more than standard pressure on K03 injectors. Much safer with more headroom with the larger injectors. Speak to R-Tech and ask

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #550 on: November 08, 2016, 02:38:16 pm »
Can someone provide some part numbers for the 3bar map sensor and 200 bar rail pressure sensor please?.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #551 on: November 08, 2016, 03:14:38 pm »
Can someone provide some part numbers for the 3bar map sensor and 200 bar rail pressure sensor please?.

On the RTech website.  :happy2:

Also, you exhaust hanger that goes onto the subframe is upside down.  Is that a nut/bolt on the Vibratechnics mount?
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #552 on: November 08, 2016, 05:02:33 pm »

On the RTech website.  :happy2:

Also, you exhaust hanger that goes onto the subframe is upside down.  Is that a nut/bolt on the Vibratechnics mount?
Alex I emailed you a few days ago about brake lines for some mk7 R calipers, can you help out?

(Sorry for thread hijack R5)

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #553 on: November 08, 2016, 06:10:27 pm »

06J 906 051 B                    Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
038 906 051 C                    3 Bar MAP Sensor

@r5gtt

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #554 on: November 08, 2016, 10:19:41 pm »

06J 906 051 B                    Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
038 906 051 C                    3 Bar MAP Sensor

@r5gtt
thanks @fab5freddy  :happy2: