Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 241618 times)

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: R5GTT'S Staying K03 as I've changed my mind
« Reply #660 on: December 15, 2016, 12:15:16 am »
It's a bit hard and fiddly to fit but you can try fitting the connector as inside of the LED lamp as you can and then try to fit the lamp to it's holder. I had the same issue with both my Golfs but they're working well +2 years later in the GT Sport and +1 year later in the Ed. 30. :smiley:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #661 on: December 15, 2016, 12:26:17 am »
It's a bit hard and fiddly to fit but you can try fitting the connector as inside of the LED lamp as you can and then try to fit the lamp to it's holder. I had the same issue with both my Golfs but they're working well +2 years later in the GT Sport and +1 year later in the Ed. 30. :smiley:
thanks @Shoduchi did you have poor fitting too? as these don't fit neat flush and have gaps

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #662 on: December 15, 2016, 12:39:14 am »
I'd have to look more carefully, really. I fitted mine with the side mirrors in their place so I'd have to look from under to see if they're a better fit than that for sure.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #663 on: December 15, 2016, 12:47:12 am »
Just looked on eBay and the ones I've purchased have a slight curve where as the others I've seen for sale have a more straight edge to them so I'm guessing I've got a sh*te batch set :doh:

These look awful when fitted so I'll try one more set before I decide to fit led bulbs in  :signLOL:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #664 on: December 15, 2016, 01:30:09 am »
Try Bold Sport.

Offline farhan.ali

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #665 on: December 15, 2016, 01:35:14 am »
how come you have decided not to go ko4?
im currently saving up for a ko4...... so im curious as to why you dont want to anymore! :thinking:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #666 on: December 15, 2016, 02:02:11 am »
im currently saving up for a ko4...... so im curious as to why you dont want to anymore! :thinking:
I have a K04 turbo for sale if you're interested off an S3 64k miles the seller went TTE big turbo so sold this on.

I've changed my mind because I won't be able to use the power as I don't track my car so pointless having 350+ bhp and as it's family car I'd rather keep it stage2 + which I'm sure will be enough for me.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #667 on: December 15, 2016, 02:02:38 am »

Offline farhan.ali

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #668 on: December 15, 2016, 02:12:35 am »
I have a K04 turbo for sale if you're interested off an S3 64k miles the seller went TTE big turbo so sold this on.

I've changed my mind because I won't be able to use the power as I don't track my car so pointless having 350+ bhp and as it's family car I'd rather keep it stage2 + which I'm sure will be enough for me.
Oh right I understand. Yeah even stock power is nice to have. I live in East London so I don't even get to boost my stock gti properly unless I go out a bit but even then ill always have to keep an eye out for the federali as ive got a loud turbo back exhaust that draws attention lol!

However I'm really interested on tracking my car next year. I just turned 20 so I'm thinking have my project fun now and I'll settle with a diesel later in life haha

As for the ko4, do you have just the ko4 itself or have u got other bits with it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #669 on: December 15, 2016, 02:17:48 am »
If you're going to track the car then that's okay for you but I'll be happy with stage 2

Sold the S3 injectors.

I have the turbo, throttle and discharge pipes left to sell.

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
« Reply #670 on: December 15, 2016, 08:03:31 am »
Those units don't seem to be a prefect fit although it can be a bit fiddly trying to fit them as the connector doesn't have much room.  Sad to see your not going K04 although exactly know where your coming from will keep following and see where you go.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #671 on: December 15, 2016, 09:33:34 am »
Stage 2+ (with a little WMI) is enough for me as a daily family car - the '+' HPFP mapping really opens up the lower RPM range.... Had a great drive last night to collect some headlights, effortless TDI-like torque from as low as 2k rpm. It's ample in a car that rarely (if ever) sees a 60/70mph speed limit. Spend some of that cash on a really decent set of boots (tyres) if you haven't already - it makes the world of difference
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #672 on: December 15, 2016, 10:16:08 am »
Stage 2+ (with a little WMI) is enough for me as a daily family car - the '+' HPFP mapping really opens up the lower RPM range.... Had a great drive last night to collect some headlights, effortless TDI-like torque from as low as 2k rpm. It's ample in a car that rarely (if ever) sees a 60/70mph speed limit. Spend some of that cash on a really decent set of boots (tyres) if you haven't already - it makes the world of difference

Me & @r5gtt  mentioned your level on tune the other day. we was saying its a practical amount of usable power for the road.
I also agree that I people dont put much consideration into the quailty of tyres. everyone seems obsessed with high BHP figures, yet wonder why they get so much wheelspin when they run plastic tyres :thinking: :thinking:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #673 on: December 15, 2016, 11:04:13 am »
Those units don't seem to be a prefect fit although it can be a bit fiddly trying to fit them as the connector doesn't have much room.  Sad to see your not going K04 although exactly know where your coming from will keep following and see where you go.
I've noticed they are not made to the perfect angle so going to have to send those back.  :sick:

Yes I've come to learn the K04 power will not be needed for my use and wasted a whole leap of time money on this but stage 2+ is still on the cards  :happy2:

@r5gtt More than enough power for a family car at stage 2
Plenty still to do with the monies from selling ko4 bits
Looking forward still
Yea Mij I'm just going to stick with stage2 + which will be ample power for me  :driver:

Me and G man were discussing your level of power the other night with wmi so going to stick with that idea and you're right the tyres are very important as my old car had nice boots on to keep it from going all over the place although Pirelli were recommended I went with eagle f1 asymmetric tyres and they were enough to hold grip to the ground even on rainy wet or damp days.  :happy2: thanks

Me & @r5gtt  mentioned your level on tune the other day. we was saying its a practical amount of usable power for the road.
I also agree that I people dont put much consideration into the quailty of tyres. everyone seems obsessed with high BHP figures, yet wonder why they get so much wheelspin when they run plastic tyres :thinking: :thinking:
yea smart arse I'll be replacing my plastic types for a decent set even though I've got at least 5mm on each tyre so maybe sell those once I've replaced them to someone like you  :angry015: :signLOL:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #674 on: December 16, 2016, 09:21:59 am »

Had Eagles, switched to Michelin PS4.... Much better all round tyre, the traction is in a different league to the F1s. I'd whole heartedly recommend over the Eagle F1's, but either would be a whole lot better than plastic tyres...  :signLOL: I had a set on a while back when i borrowed some wheels whilst mine were being refurbed...... 80mph traction issues on a cold damp night coupled with feeling more like you're aqua-planing than being in contact with the road was enough to put me off ever buying them.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales