Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo stage 2 and MTC/ramair oversized intakes? K04  (Read 2631 times)

Offline JoshCupraR

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Revo stage 2 and MTC/ramair oversized intakes? K04
« on: January 25, 2016, 07:49:18 pm »
I have a cupra r with one of the oversized intakes on and I am currently stage 1 with revo. Looking to upgrade to stage 2 soon and was checking if that intake is okay for the next stage? Only because a lot of people say the revo intake is the one to have.

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
Re: Revo stage 2 and MTC/ramair oversized intakes? K04
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 02:06:06 pm »
If it works ok with stage 1 it will be fine with stage 2. Think the revo one is rated as it has correct MAF scaling, that is important for drivability. Simply having a big pipe could knacker the MAF scaling and result in poor drivability

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:13:19 pm »
I've driven the RamAir intake on Revo software - driveability is ruined. Turbo feels laggy and throttle response is either on or off. Mine was on the car less than an hour before I swapped it back to my other intake (home made - MAF scaling is much much better)

If you can stretch to it, I really would recommend you go for the Revo intake. The MAF scaling makes such a difference and people often overlook this
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline JoshCupraR

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:46:44 pm »
Okay will try source one for the next stage. Anyone tried the new smaller ramair one? Would the maf scaling be better on that?

What is your home made one? Any pics?

Offline flashp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 06:29:37 pm »
I would recommend a Revo, no real need for the more expensive CAMCOAT version either or an EVOMS.
The EVOMS has been used with Revo software for a long time and is well proven.

Your intercooler has more to do with cooling induction temps than a fancy coating on a tube.

The quality will be appreciated long after the cost is forgotten.  :smiley:

Gone but not forgotten :-)