Make a donation

Author Topic: R32 Exhaust  (Read 28306 times)

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
Re: R32 Exhaust
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 01:35:56 pm »
im having the r32 exhaust and rear bumper fitted to my ed30 if i ever get to vw racing...the carbon part looks awsome but seems very expensive...carbon wrap for myn i think

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 02:57:15 pm »
so in theory i can get just the back box for underhalf the full system but a bsh or evoms intake on and save myself enough to almost get colour coded sides.
will this sound almost as good as the whole system VC??.... anyone??
i,m not after pure performance anyway and does a tbe give you that much extra??
i like this idea as it means i can spend the money on other needed things for the car?
anyone else done just the back box?
thanks guys
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 03:34:34 pm »
think these guys do the r32 one as well.
and good chance these are the ones that end up as osir(sorry RR) but we know they are made in china!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Lip-For-VW-Golf5-Golf-V-MK5_W0QQitemZ220467545574QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3354e3c5e6

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 03:43:00 pm »

^^ Cheers Matsu. Just had a look through all they sell but couldn't see one.  :sad1:
Cheers :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 04:34:31 pm »
There are quite a few options:-

Blueflame - good brand maybe a little more expensive than the two below. I have heard both praise and one complaint about them, but the ones I have seen have been spot on.

Powerflow - I've seen pretty much 20-30 different types of these which range from the sublime to the ridiculous. Choose your dealer wisely if you go with this option. The "chav" tag is undeserved, but it does tend to attract those with a lower budget. You can ask for higher grade stainless piping, but you would probably have to wait for it and it would cost more.

Exhausts UK - specifically targeted for the "max power" crowd. They do reasonable work at a good price and tailor make to specification. I don't know if they are a Franchise or Sheffield specific though.

I know you mainly want the noise and bling Ollie, but you generally get what you pay for in the exhaust side of the modders world.

If I was in the same boat as you I'd probably ask each one what they can do for you, what sound options they have for their back boxes, what tailpipe options they can give, what grade of steel they use, what guarantee they offer, what price they can offer and how soon they fit. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline DPG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 04:38:56 pm »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 05:17:56 pm »
^^^^
Best to phone the TTshop and speak to either Justin or Vince. Their web site is rarely up to date.

That eBay carbon doesn't look like OSIR to me. On one hand you might save some money but on the other hand you might be completely wasting it if it's not up to standard when you see it.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 05:22:42 pm »
^^^^
Best to phone the TTshop and speak to either Justin or Vince. Their web site is rarely up to date.

That eBay carbon doesn't look like OSIR to me. On one hand you might save some money but on the other hand you might be completely wasting it if it's not up to standard when you see it.

i totally agree with that statement, part of the magic of cf parts is in the straightness of the weave when laid etc  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 05:29:09 pm »
^^^^

i totally agree with that statement, part of the magic of cf parts is in the straightness of the weave when laid etc  :happy2:

....I've only ever had one issue of carbon weave with all the OSIR products I've bought through TTshop and it was replaced without fuss. They told me I could keep the sub-standard piece as well. I wouldn't fancy my chances via eBay but I am pretty anti eBay - I don't trust people on it unless I already know them [why did I trust Oli? :grin:]

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 05:59:10 pm »
There are quite a few options:-

Blueflame - good brand maybe a little more expensive than the two below. I have heard both praise and one complaint about them, but the ones I have seen have been spot on.

Powerflow - I've seen pretty much 20-30 different types of these which range from the sublime to the ridiculous. Choose your dealer wisely if you go with this option. The "chav" tag is undeserved, but it does tend to attract those with a lower budget. You can ask for higher grade stainless piping, but you would probably have to wait for it and it would cost more.

Exhausts UK - specifically targeted for the "max power" crowd. They do reasonable work at a good price and tailor make to specification. I don't know if they are a Franchise or Sheffield specific though.

I know you mainly want the noise and bling Ollie, but you generally get what you pay for in the exhaust side of the modders world.

If I was in the same boat as you I'd probably ask each one what they can do for you, what sound options they have for their back boxes, what tailpipe options they can give, what grade of steel they use, what guarantee they offer, what price they can offer and how soon they fit. :happy2:

Thanks Hurdy!  :happy2: Thats excellent. So in your opinion blueflame would be the way to go?
There seem to be many opinions on powerflow that do not match. Some say they are well made and good others say they are utter rubbish!
You say exhaust UK are aimed at the max power crowd? Do you mean they advertise for them or that they are there general customers? I have been working in Sheffield and maybe going back soon so I could pop in.

The thing about the noise is not what I want it is what I dont want. I do not want the car to sound stupid. If I went with anyone of these exhausts and it did sound overly loud or just crappy then it would be removed straight away. Thats why I want to get it right before I buy.

I have emailed Blueflame, Milltek, Powerflow and ill email exhausts uk also. Is there any others anyone can think of?

Cheers :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:12:35 pm by ollie288 »

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2010, 06:02:42 pm »
^^^^

I know what you mean RR. I would probably go for a wrap if I dont go for the osir (unlikely unless my money tree starts blooming)  :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2010, 06:05:44 pm »
There are plenty of other smaller companies who may do just as good a job (or better), but these are probably your best options.

If you can get a decent back section made up by Blueflame at the RIGHT price then I'd go with them, If not then Exhausts UK.

Exhausts UK advertise in Max Power (or used to when I read it :ashamed:) and are located just off the M1 off the Tinsley Viaduct exit.

An exhaust manufacturer/fitter, should be able to give you the sound you want if they "know their onions" :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2010, 06:16:37 pm »
There are plenty of other smaller companies who may do just as good a job (or better), but these are probably your best options.

If you can get a decent back section made up by Blueflame at the RIGHT price then I'd go with them, If not then Exhausts UK.

Exhausts UK advertise in Max Power (or used to when I read it :ashamed:) and are located just off the M1 off the Tinsley Viaduct exit.

An exhaust manufacturer/fitter, should be able to give you the sound you want if they "know their onions" :happy2:

The problem is I dont know what the right price is! I dont know how much I would be expecting to pay! :ashamed:
How much would you think is the right price for a blueflame back box with slightly bigger tips than the r32 which sounded a little deeper and sporty than standard (not a huge aircraft landing different)?  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2010, 07:25:09 pm »

My tips are 4inch  and when you see them off the car they look ridiculously large. At first i said i would be embarrassed to put them on my car, but once they were on, they looked more appropriate.

Blueflame only do resonated if they did a non-res it would be to loud  :laugh:
I think they can make them a bit quieter than mine is but i am not sure, and yours would be a  somewhat quieter due to less power as Mat's is a fair bit louder than mine.  :driver:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2010, 08:26:36 pm »
My tips are 4inch  and when you see them off the car they look ridiculously large. At first i said i would be embarrassed to put them on my car, but once they were on, they looked more appropriate.

Blueflame only do resonated if they did a non-res it would be to loud  :laugh:
I think they can make them a bit quieter than mine is but i am not sure, and yours would be a  somewhat quieter due to less power as Mat's is a fair bit louder than mine.  :driver:

That sounds fairly big but as you say they look good on the car.
Yours sounds good but the thing I am worried about is that the GTI is a performance car so it is naturally going to sound better with an exhaust. Mine is not a performance car so I have a feeling it is going to sound stupid? I wouldn't mind it louder if I knew it would sound good lol!