Author Topic: Mk5 Golf with power folding mirrors with key remote  (Read 24002 times)

postoronniy

Re: Mk5 Golf with power folding mirrors with key remote
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2019, 07:42:36 PM »
Sorry for bring this up.
I has the 1K0...N door module which dont fold and I know for sure that the same N module with another SW  fold mirrors.
My idea is to copy the software from one module to another. Is it possible? Someone did this !?

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 222
  • -Receive: 424
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2019, 02:38:27 PM »
Sorry for bring this up.
I has the 1K0...N door module which dont fold and I know for sure that the same N module with another SW  fold mirrors.
My idea is to copy the software from one module to another. Is it possible? Someone did this !?

It should be possible to update the revision of the module firmware with a VCP cable.

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 23
  • Redditch
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2019, 05:40:24 PM »
Revision N fold for sure. In a fact it can fold on remote as well
STAGING/NEEDLE SWEEP ON ALL WHITE CLOCKS
LIT NEEDLESS, MILES TO EMPTY
GENUINE CAN GATEWAY - SUPPLY AND FIT
CRUISE CONTROL -  SUPPLY AND FIT ALL VW's
CLOCKS CODING - VW SEAT SKODA UP TO 2014
SCIROCCO CLOCKS CONVERSION

Offline valdikiss@gmail.com

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2020, 09:06:41 PM »
Hi,
I have a 2008 Golf mk5.  I installed a pair of electrically folding Golf mk5 mirrors.  The number of control units is 1K0959701Q (793M) and 1K0959702Q (792M).  These are from a Passat B6!  Unfortunately, not everything works perfectly.  The mirrors fold, but the windows do not run automatically.  What can I do? Thx

Offline davtsik

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2020, 07:28:34 PM »
Of from what I've read on different forums, I don't think anyone figured out what to change to adapt for an example scirocco, EOS, etc.  modules to run with MK5 window drop distance.
I think this might be a matter of a motor as for example all scirocco do have a different motor part number compared to mk6, if I remember correct.

So maybe issue is within motor and not a module itself ?

Although it is confirmed that MK6 modules work fine without any issues. Obviously rewiring is required to comply with Max Gen modules.

I already have folding mirrors that I need to fit and looking on ebay for modules + motors with correct part number.

PS.
you don't necessarily need a full VCP, you can dump eeprom via eeprom readers and clip into the module directly, modify it and reflash it. [I have somewhere information which reader you would need to use]. Odis should be able to do so as well through downloading firmware, editing it with hex file editor and loading it back into the module. I was going to try it some time ago but got a shed loads of work recently and all car work has to wait, unfortunately.

hi,
Where can i download firmware? I have 1K0959701Q modul. Key does not close the mirror.