Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Gti to mk6 R  (Read 3442 times)

Offline Adam.P

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
Mk5 Gti to mk6 R
« on: February 29, 2016, 08:48:55 pm »
Good evening
Has anyone upgraded from a tuned up Mk5 Gti to a mk6 R
Looking at going down this route
Feedback much appreciated

Offline Adam.P

• Taking part
  • Thank You
Re: Mk5 Gti to mk6 R
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 08:31:07 am »
Was it worth the 8k I'm looking at spending mate?

Offline Db4193

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 10:23:00 pm »
Haven't done a similar move myself but the interior and build quality is much better on the mk6 (according to folk with a mk5 that have been in my mk6)

Golf R is a good step up too power wise and haldex so you'll get better use of it. Why not find one for sale local and go take a look/get a test drive. That should make up your mind.

Offline lippyx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • Coz white IS the best colour!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:31:54 am »
Good step up IMO. I went from a mk6 GTI to a mk6 R and haven't looked back!! OK so the R isn't standard, but I took a standard one for a test drive before getting my R, and had already decided that was the next one for me!

Do it! You don't buy cars to make money or for investment, its about how much they make you smile when you're driving it!!!

2013 Golf R

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 10:59:11 am »
I've come from a stg2 ed30 to a mk6 R,the Eddie is more nimble as its lighter but traction is always a issue...build quality has improved on the mk6 but you do feel the extra weight when going round corners FAST...a standard golfR ain't that quick,like a can of coke without the fizz...a remap is a must..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Adam.P

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 11:04:34 am »
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm going to test drive the ed35 and R at the weekend, the problem is it will be hard to find a nice example of the R with a decent spec

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 03:09:54 am »
I went from a stage 2 manual GTI (56) to a 6R Dsg (10) in November. Initially i was unsure of the Dsg but now i love it, now i know how to use it correctly.
The build quality is like black and white in comparison. The 6R is much more refined.
My stage 2 felt as quick as a standard 6R but ive since gone with a stage 1 APR map with an ITG and the difference is epic. The R is an animal. With the added extra of traction and 4 motion. 6R all the way.