Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust warning light - Powervalve 200 cell  (Read 5582 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Exhaust warning light - Powervalve 200 cell
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 08:19:51 pm »
Nothing is guaranteed with exhausts as I had the same on previous car which I'd delete on a regular basis with my maxi scan tool I kept in the car. best thing is to map it out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:40:14 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 11:47:17 am »
A couple of points to note,
Firstly the ECU post cat sensor is there to measure a multitude of emission factors which must all fit within the OEM factory parameters.
So the gas flow that our cat gives is hugely greater than that of the OEM unit which has to negotiate two 600 cell monoliths. The ECU is therefore communicating that something has gone outside of what essentially are fairly wide settings indicating that something needs investigating on what it thinks is the OEM cat, this can happen within days or even months or sometimes never...
Most Stage 2 maps can remove this code. The alternative is to install a lambda spacer to lift the probe out of the gas flow...
The most important factor is the efficiency of the cat at conforming to current emission legislation which ours does handsomely.
The balance is remaining road legal and maximizing the power potential...
Please feel free to call me for further information.
Cheers
Nige

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 12:02:21 pm »
A couple of points to note,
Firstly the ECU post cat sensor is there to measure a multitude of emission factors which must all fit within the OEM factory parameters.
So the gas flow that our cat gives is hugely greater than that of the OEM unit which has to negotiate two 600 cell monoliths. The ECU is therefore communicating that something has gone outside of what essentially are fairly wide settings indicating that something needs investigating on what it thinks is the OEM cat, this can happen within days or even months or sometimes never...
Most Stage 2 maps can remove this code. The alternative is to install a lambda spacer to lift the probe out of the gas flow...
The most important factor is the efficiency of the cat at conforming to current emission legislation which ours does handsomely.
The balance is remaining road legal and maximizing the power potential...
Please feel free to call me for further information.
Cheers
Nige
Thanks Nige. I think I was a little concerned as I assumed that if it was going to give a warning light it would have done so immediately after it was fitted. So its reassuring for you to say it can indeed happen after a while.

I'll give Ben and Niki a ring on Monday and get it booked in!