Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 119937 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: superchips map download , just had a text message??
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 07:26:33 pm »
I saw the time of this first post here and though 'Christ they worked quick after your call'!!  :wink:

I think your car looked well today, although you didn't hit the peak figures you'd hoped for it was very strong.  The big number isn't everything.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 07:37:17 pm »
what map is this coco ?, do you have a manual

Yep Manual.
I was told when I got the map (in Oct) that it was stage2... but when I called up, the guy told me it was the "low power map"... So very confused!  :confused:

:fighting:  , hmm, god knows what i have then
APR...    :laugh:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 07:37:25 pm »
ps, how long did the download take ?, got it through to this stage now and its been stuck there for about 20mins !

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 07:38:30 pm »
About 10-15mins to download and then about 10-15mins to upload to the bluefin handset.
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 07:42:09 pm »
well, the green bar has gone all the way along the bottom, and it just says please wait !! , not sure how much longer i can wait  :sick:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 08:33:21 pm »
if you have troubles get them to email you the map, when they do download it on to desktop or easy to find place, then open bluefin application and connect the handset dont run the usual connection,  but in the top left corner click the windows button and your given a few options: one restore original, the second one lets you upload a new map straight on to the device, click that and then choose the map you downloaded and it does the rest -  erases the existing bluefin map replace with the new one, takes 10mins, then you just upload straight to car no need to return the car to stock mode.

hope this helps, mine was in my inbox 9am this morn.

by the way im rather impressed with new map, has so much more pull in all the gears  :driver:

not overly happy with bluefin, some proper R&R in the first place and we wouldnt be having these issues....
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline madman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 08:39:53 pm »

domt say that mr blue. just orderd one :sad:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 08:16:43 am by 182_blue »

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 08:40:36 pm »
They are working tomorrow I was told.
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 08:47:29 pm »
I had this email from their Technical Director this afternoon after I spoke to him about the various queries that had popped-up: -

We are contacting all those with the same calibration as yours first, offering revised map with new level2 (Miltek) option as well. Then the other DSG cals (started already) then the manuals will follow either tomorrow or in the new year. Finally regular Golf GTI with stage 2 will get a benefit also. I will try to get all the curves on our homepage tomorrow for all the models. I will also send you yet another announcement in the morning.

So keep the faith Shaun  :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 08:57:43 pm »
I had this email from their Technical Director this afternoon after I spoke to him about the various queries that had popped-up: -

We are contacting all those with the same calibration as yours first, offering revised map with new level2 (Miltek) option as well. Then the other DSG cals (started already) then the manuals will follow either tomorrow or in the new year. Finally regular Golf GTI with stage 2 will get a benefit also. I will try to get all the curves on our homepage tomorrow for all the models. I will also send you yet another announcement in the morning.

but im manual and got the text/ email this morning ? !!

Then it suggests they may think you have a DSG car or could be a mistake in their records, so like Greenouse said it would be worth giving them a call as they are working tomorrow  :confused:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 09:01:52 pm »

but im manual and got the text/ email this morning ? !!

Then it suggests they may think you have a DSG car or could be a mistake in their records, so like Greenouse said it would be worth giving them a call as they are working tomorrow  :confused:

well possibly, like i said earlier, it was confirmed to me last time that i do not have a DSG map on my car (plus once before also), i will be very pi***** with them if i do have a DSG map on the car or if there trying to put a DSG map back on it !!, lets face it how will i ever know properly  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2008, 09:05:24 pm »
I thought you had the Stage2 at the same time as me Shaun?

Mr PG, does this mean my Stage2 will be updated again?  :confused:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2008, 09:10:05 pm »
well possibly, like i said earlier, it was confirmed to me last time that i do not have a DSG map on my car (plus once before also), i will be very pi***** with them if i do have a DSG map on the car or if there trying to put a DSG map back on it !!, lets face it how will i ever know properly  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

^^^ I can understand your frustration, I felt the same TBH when I got my RR results at JKM earlier this year.

But after going to see them twice now they have totally changed my opinion, so perhaps that might be worth trying in the future to get across to see them and get your car on the RR there?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2008, 09:12:54 pm »
I thought you had the Stage2 at the same time as me Shaun?

Mr PG, does this mean my Stage2 will be updated again?  :confused:

Nathan, i have no idea what i got if im honest, i just emailed them and got a new map (with less boost in 1st and 2nd gear), , then today get a text saying new map available (which i cant get), i only have manual and no mods

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »
Shaun if your car is running fine, then i would just leave it until the new year when all the confused ops have been sorted out, and then just ring them and let them talk you through were they are with maps and your particular one.
Just enjoy the holidays your car was driving fine yesterday so it will be fine to the new year.
I dont mean to be patronising in any way just looking at it from an outsiders view point. I am sure it will be easily sorted.