Make a donation

Author Topic: bloody vw dealers  (Read 9773 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: bloody vw dealers
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 06:33:11 pm »
Sorry you didn't make that clear. At the end of the day if your car wasn't mapped (which 95% aren't) you would have expected them to do it while they had it. If you had of got back to collect the car and they asked you to re-book it for a five min update that would just be wasting everyone's time.

If you left specific instruction not to software update the car then I too would be upset.
oops sorry to cause confusion..def told them it had been remapped..wouldn't of minded if they had done that
Sorry to hear of this mate!

What car do you have and did they give the the details of the update i.e. the code number?
not sure what the update was..don't think they do

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 07:19:57 pm »
The new map will be different so if you go back to CUK they can either use the old map, after all it worked fine before, or update the new file.  If CUK use the old map then you'll lose any effects of the new update done by the dealer.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 09:15:38 pm »
My car was often the first in the UK to have revised ECU software for DSG GTIs back when it was still under warranty.
To keep a car within the warranty, the most recent software from VW must be loaded by the dealer.

Happened to me about three or four times... each time I just let Superchips know and emailed them my map with my Bluefin, and within 24 hours they would get back to me with a revised mapping which I uploaded to the car. Great stuff  :happy2:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 01:12:05 am »
 BIT OF A UPDATE ON THIS..

spoke to the manager...he was very under standing.explained the situation & what had happend...he said they should of rang me first before the software update was done...told him it was going on the rolling road on monday to see if i have lost power
He said get a print out of the results and keep him informed about it

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 10:14:11 pm »
had my car on the rolling road at motorscope today & the update vw did,has took the remap of & put my car back to standard mode..in the morning i have an appointment with the manager

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 10:30:24 pm »
Have you had the map re-installed?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 10:50:24 pm »
no not had the remap  installed as yet,the agent that did it is not back at work til the 5th of jan

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 10:50:51 pm »
 Update 28th jan 2009

the agent of chipped uk came out to where i worked on the 6th jan& scanned the ecu-he said"the update vw did was showing it was different codeing to the previous one i had on-i had to pay £150 to get a new map"

got the map back on the car-feels better than before any way took the it did befreciept to the manager at lookers on the 6th jan "he said he will have to send it to head office & it will take about a fort night"

today"28th jan" got a cheque of them for £195
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:52:59 pm by maxitrol »

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 10:58:09 pm »
I think chipped-uk should have done this gratis. Superchips updated me for free three or four times when VW put a new map on my car and overwrote my one.

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 07:28:01 am »
I think chipped-uk should have done this gratis. Superchips updated me for free three or four times when VW put a new map on my car and overwrote my one.

Very true.  Apr updated me for free as well.
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 08:07:39 am »
VW did the same to me last year and prosport turned it back on for us when we noticed it was not on at a rr day  :rolleye:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 09:03:32 am »
So a good result in the end fella, but again I echo what others have said and feel your map should of been restored FOC.  :happy2:

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 12:09:17 pm »
hmm I don't like the sound of that, I think I will try and get my map backed up as its Custom Code and it took a day to complete the mapping.

I don't want to be forking out for another days worth of mapping!

:sick:
GTi Edition 30 Phase 2+ :jumping:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 11:19:14 pm »
they said because the remap had to be reworked & wasn't the same as the orig thats why they charged me (but in the long run i got my money back)if i went down to their hq & the map was the same they would of put it on foc

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 10:22:40 am »
It's what comes of buying cheap in the first place.

Many of these places, especially agents for larger companies simply buy files from them at a trade rate, these are often encrypted or 'once only'.  Essentially your car would have been running a newer revision of software than previously so he would have had to request a new file.

I know REVO offer a similar system of credit linked to the interface, the agent uploads the map which removes the credit from their account.  In the case of a re-write of the same car they then have to apply to REVO for a credit back to their account.

Once you have the equipment many people will sell you a file -

http://chiptunawarehouse.com/ecutools/serve.php

At the end of the day it's all money so many of these companies will take on almost anyone as an agent to ensure a greater market penetration.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available