Make a donation

Author Topic: Feeler K04 owners Update 04.02.2010 Pictures added  (Read 11957 times)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: Feeler K04 owners Update 04.02.2010 Pictures added
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 06:05:15 pm »
it shouldnt be to hard to compete with the neuspeed kit, it is hugely over priced.

reference fitting to various intercoolers i have the std intercooler at the moment, but plan on upgrading to an S3 or THS intercooler at a later date. im presumiing different hoses would be able to be purchased individually.

also i would have thought the neuspeed pulley would be the same size as the standard pulley otherwise the belt wouldnt fit correctly.  I thought it was just a lighter pulley wheel

is there a reason why the metal ipe could not be longer and bent  in the same way as the silicone pipe with just a small silicone pipe to connect to the intercooler.  that way there is less silicone to expand with the heat and pressure

The hose is reused as it came with my APR IC, still i would believe that you need some hose to compensate for the difference in engine movement compared to the static IC. But sure the hose can be made smaller  :wink:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2010, 06:22:17 pm »
that is a good point, on standard engine mounts the movement could cause the silicone hose to slip.  still i do like this the look of this as a modification. it would be good to see how the neuspeed one compares in size etc.  

looking at the neuspeed discharge pipe there is a machined lips to ensure the silicone hoses doesnt slip off etc, it look like yours doesnt have that, and with the aluminium tube being so smooth it could be a possibility.  maybe a welded lip around the ends could help reduce the likelihood of it happening??
http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=95|GV&type=11&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=2004
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:26:02 pm by vRSy »

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, 06:33:17 pm »
actually we have talked about it, but this is made just to see if it was worth it. the outlet and the 2,5" tubing is the major things in this kit, the rest is details  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, 06:36:09 pm »
actually we have talked about it, but this is made just to see if it was worth it. the outlet and the 2,5" tubing is the major things in this kit, the rest is details  :happy2:

the 1 thing that i think this neds is a lip or knurled edge to ensure the silicone hose doesnt fly off under boost.