Make a donation

Author Topic: Car booked in at r-tech  (Read 10474 times)

Offline Lucastheone92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Car booked in at r-tech
« on: August 26, 2016, 02:11:11 pm »
My car is booked in at r-tech tomorrow morning!  :driver: do i need to treat the car any differently? warming up cooling down etc?

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
Re: Car booked in at r-tech
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 02:30:14 pm »
My car is booked in at r-tech tomorrow morning!  :driver: do i need to treat the car any differently? warming up cooling down etc?

You shoudl warm up and cool the car down regardless. even though it has an cooling system after the engine is off.

Make sure your car is healthy. If its not in good condition then Niki wont map it. its not as simples as getting a map and sending you on your way. you need to make sure the car has oil and is in good condition. If you car is slammed it wont fit on the rollers btw

When did you book?

I thought he had a long waiting list????

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 03:14:09 pm »
Make sure you go through everything before taking it, Replace the PCV, Cam Follower and Diverter Valve for the latest revision items. An Engine Service with Ideally Millers 5W40 engine Oil and replacing the Plugs for some NGK BKR7EIX Iridiums is also a good move.

A Fresh full tank of Shell V-Power too.

Nothing more embarrassing than taking it and then an unknown fault shows up, Niki will not map the car if it is not in top health!

Offline Lucastheone92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 03:21:35 pm »
I phoned up on Tuesday and was booked in for tomorrow. He said a health check was included and I've read that he can replace pvc and dv valves if necessary? Not sure about can followers. Now I'm worried haha

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 03:35:18 pm »
I phoned up on Tuesday and was booked in for tomorrow. He said a health check was included and I've read that he can replace pvc and dv valves if necessary? Not sure about can followers. Now I'm worried haha

Pages and pages of information on this forum, Also on the R-Tech website there is a full guide with part numbers of what to do before taking the car in.

http://r-techperformance.co.uk/2-0-tfsi-tuning/

Remember your car is at minimum 8 Years old, If these parts have never been replaced they can cause problems and are often overlooked by owners.

On all my previous TFSI Engined cars, 2 x Edition 30's and a MK6 Golf R I changed all the mentioned parts within the first couple of Weeks of my ownership for piece of mind.

Offline Lucastheone92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 04:01:09 pm »
So what should you guys suggest I do ? Tried calling Nikki but he's not there. Should I go anyway and see what he says ? 2 hour drive away.

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 04:11:32 pm »
So what should you guys suggest I do ? Tried calling Nikki but he's not there. Should I go anyway and see what he says ? 2 hour drive away.

Probably a bit late now to do anything about it not much you can really do, Maybe if he has time tomorrow ask him to change the Diverter, PCV and Cam Follower while you are there?

Just advise him you do not know if/when these items have ever been replaced  :happy2:

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 04:12:29 pm »
They will check the DV and PCV and replace if needed (for a small charge).  Make sure you have filled up with 99+ Ron fuel (Shell V-power or Tesco Momentum). Change the cam follower soon after mapping if you haven't done before. Provided you have been servicing regularly you should be OK.  :happy2:

Offline Lucastheone92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 04:21:12 pm »
Thanks guys. Just spoke to nikki and said exactly what you guys said but he said should be fine. Thanks again !

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 04:46:57 pm »
Thanks guys. Just spoke to nikki and said exactly what you guys said but he said should be fine. Thanks again !

Let us know how you get on!

The drive home will be interesting, Stage 1 transforms the ED30 completely!

Offline Norfolk Ollie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 06:01:31 pm »

Exciting stuff!
I'll see you there fella- I'm booked in at 9.30! Look out me in the 5 door red standard GTI  :happy2:

Offline Lucastheone92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 06:51:42 pm »

Exciting stuff!
I'll see you there fella- I'm booked in at 9.30! Look out me in the 5 door red standard GTI  :happy2:
Haha awesome I'll keep an eye out mate I'm booked in at 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Norfolk Ollie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 09:35:43 pm »
 :driver:

Offline Lucastheone92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »
Just got done at r tech and am very happy with both performance and service. Like a totally different car. Nothing needed replacing but changed dv valve to latest revision anyway. They also suggested to get cam followers done at next service. Another happy customer !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 12:19:50 pm »
how did you get a quick booking date
i thought they was fully booked untill 8 oct ?