Make a donation

Author Topic: Clutch hydraulic line clip failing  (Read 3932 times)

Nathanbloke

Clutch hydraulic line clip failing
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:16:02 am »
Hello

This problem has really started bugging me now not the first time it's happens. So I got 2004 gti I forget the brand of clutch it has fitted but it is uprated and is significantly heavier than the original. So my problem is when I engage the clutch the hydraulic line that runs along the bulkhead pops out of a black plastic block which I think is probably a valve of some description. The first time it happens I replaced the clip and that seemed to fix it and it bleed up okay. It happend again 3 months later so i changed the rubber seal on the pipe. And it was good again for 3 months.
It looks to me that the clip can't take the higher pressure in the pipe because of the clutch I have. And should I try a new line as it's probably worn out abit now or maybe try lockwire intead of a clip? Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
Re: Clutch hydraulic line clip failing
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 09:25:02 am »
Hello

This problem has really started bugging me now not the first time it's happens. So I got 2004 gti I forget the brand of clutch it has fitted but it is uprated and is significantly heavier than the original. So my problem is when I engage the clutch the hydraulic line that runs along the bulkhead pops out of a black plastic block which I think is probably a valve of some description. The first time it happens I replaced the clip and that seemed to fix it and it bleed up okay. It happend again 3 months later so i changed the rubber seal on the pipe. And it was good again for 3 months.
It looks to me that the clip can't take the higher pressure in the pipe because of the clutch I have. And should I try a new line as it's probably worn out abit now or maybe try lockwire intead of a clip? Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Morning buddy, I had exactly the same happen to my car (MK2 Seat Leon) a few years ago which is also running an upgraded clutch.

I've now removed the pipe and plastic valve (swirl pot) in question and fitted a braided clutch line available from @vRSAlex at AKS Tuning.

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 09:46:59 am »
What does the plastic valve swirly thing do?

Running the Helix clutch in mine and wondering if I should bin it off or not!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 11:08:45 am »
What does the plastic valve swirly thing do?

Running the Helix clutch in mine and wondering if I should bin it off or not!

TBH pal I'm not 100% sure what it does. My clutch feels ace without it so it can't have been too important! :laugh:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 12:20:00 pm »
Cool, cheers!  Might have to bag me one of those then!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Nathanbloke

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »
Thanks for the reply, that looks like the route im gonna have to take.

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 07:34:50 pm »
Thanks for the reply, that looks like the route im gonna have to take.

No worries my good man, that's what the forum is about! :happy2: