Make a donation

Author Topic: Where to buy the NGK-BKR7EIX spark plugs today?  (Read 5361 times)

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Where to buy the NGK-BKR7EIX spark plugs today?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 08:25:15 am »
as promised I will update this when I know a bit more!

@Pudding you were right.... it was the injector. I had the compression tests done, and all 4 cylinders were holding the same pressure so that was a good sign.

I had all my injectors taken off and sent to Mr Injector (Thanks to an @AJP thread) and for £112 I had a full set of renewed injectors.

While it was at the garage I also had the carbon cleaned - The car feels SOOO much better for it. I picked it up yesterday and it was soo quiet I had to double check it was actually started :)

Thanks for all your help guys!
Faz

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: Where to buy the NGK-BKR7EIX spark plugs today?
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 09:26:48 am »
as promised I will update this when I know a bit more!

@Pudding you were right.... it was the injector. I had the compression tests done, and all 4 cylinders were holding the same pressure so that was a good sign.

I had all my injectors taken off and sent to Mr Injector (Thanks to an @AJP thread) and for £112 I had a full set of renewed injectors.

While it was at the garage I also had the carbon cleaned - The car feels SOOO much better for it. I picked it up yesterday and it was soo quiet I had to double check it was actually started :)

Thanks for all your help guys!
Faz
Glad to hear it's all sorted. Injector faults seem to be getting more common as these cars get on a bit!