Make a donation

Author Topic: Iphone 5s screen replacement  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Iphone 5s screen replacement
« on: April 29, 2017, 03:10:34 pm »
My daughter has cracked the screen and looking through eBay you can get the screen camera and home button  with the new screen which makes it easier to replace but which one to go for :thinking:
Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222399920621

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Iphone 5s screen replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 08:25:01 pm »
If you're doing the job (which is easy enough, just watch plenty YouTube videos) the assembly linked will make it a simple trouble free job for you.

Offline rolexmk5

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 12:52:28 pm »
If you don't use the original finger print sensor from the phone it will not work as they are matched to the phone i believe

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 676
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 03:17:32 pm »
I wouldn't bother personally, get a new phone.

Went through this with an old 5S and used - allegedly - a genuine Apple screen/microphone/home button assembly costing about 100 quid.  Fitting it was fiddly, but easy if you take your time.   And then the problems began.  Poor voice call quality, home button behaved erratically, screen contrast was awful compared to original and the front camera didn't work.  Utter waste of time and money.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 04:04:05 pm »
Do not buy from eBay - have fitted many for people and they are shocking quality and simply do not last..... The fingerprint scanner must be retained if you want it to work as already mentioned.

I order all of my spares from these guys now, great customer service and decent items: https://www.replacebase.co.uk/

Just noticed this post is several weeks old.... Bored? @Pudding   :signLOL:
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 676
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 04:08:13 pm »
Do not buy from eBay - have fitted many for people and they are shocking quality and simply do not last..... The fingerprint scanner must be retained if you want it to work as already mentioned.

I order all of my spares from these guys now, great customer service and decent items: https://www.replacebase.co.uk/

Just noticed this post is several weeks old.... Bored? @Pudding   :signLOL:

Always bored when at work  :grin:   But yeah, I am terrible for not noticing the thread dates as well  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D