Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost Freaking out and high fuel pressure target is just 110 bar  (Read 5940 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
Re: Boost Freaking out and high fuel pressure target is just 110 bar
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 09:54:59 am »
Maybe the GIAC map is just smoother.  Smooth is always faster than aggressive wheel spinning spikes.....but it just doesn't feel it on the butt dyno.

I agree...I never was comfortable with boost holding at 25+ psi throughout the rev range with that DM open-loop tune...obviously it was never beneficial as well.

Open loop boost control?  That really is a BAAAAAD idea.  Probably just as well you moved away from DM then if that is their tuning strategy.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline dreadaccind

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Boost Freaking out and high fuel pressure target is just 110 bar
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2018, 12:36:32 am »
Boost in from the turbo to the metal - bottom nipple.

Boost out to wastegate - to the side output.

It appears to be pictured correctly.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2018, 05:52:19 am »
Maybe the GIAC map is just smoother.  Smooth is always faster than aggressive wheel spinning spikes.....but it just doesn't feel it on the butt dyno.

I agree...I never was comfortable with boost holding at 25+ psi throughout the rev range with that DM open-loop tune...obviously it was never beneficial as well.

Open loop boost control?  That really is a BAAAAAD idea.  Probably just as well you moved away from DM then if that is their tuning strategy.
Yes! Boost target was set for max boost throughout the rev range....no taper. When it shifted boost spiked each time above max boost. I ran it less than two years and they sent everyone a new closed loop version but it didn't run right. Then they shut down so I never got their help in tweaking that closed loop tune to make it run.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 05:54:15 am »
Boost in from the turbo to the metal - bottom nipple.

Boost out to wastegate - to the side output.

It appears to be pictured correctly.
Sorry, but I have no idea what you are referring to...more please?
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1