Make a donation

Author Topic: Switching maps with brake and accelerator pedal  (Read 4397 times)

Offline cooljimy84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 18
    • Personal
    • Email
Switching maps with brake and accelerator pedal
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:02:21 am »
Just a quick question.
Mk5 golf GTI with a stage one from T-tech about a year ago.
Panel filter and pre-cat delete.

When i set the map to number 3 it seems more progressive, but doesn't seem to advance the timing as much as map 4 or 5, but map 4 or 5 seem to be more aggressive with the pedal i.e. 70% on the pedal is 100%.

Can any one let me know what kind of difference is between map 3 and 4-5 ?

Thanks
There is no replacement for displacement....
But a turbo does help....

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
Re: Switching maps with brake and accelerator pedal
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:48:31 am »
Just a quick question.
Mk5 golf GTI with a stage one from T-tech about a year ago.
Panel filter and pre-cat delete.

When i set the map to number 3 it seems more progressive, but doesn't seem to advance the timing as much as map 4 or 5, but map 4 or 5 seem to be more aggressive with the pedal i.e. 70% on the pedal is 100%.

Can any one let me know what kind of difference is between map 3 and 4-5 ?

Thanks

I am assuming you have just bought the car and it was the previous owner that had the car tuned?

All of R-Techs maps are Custom so it depends what the previous owner specified when he asked for the 5 switchable maps. When you say advance the Timing do you actually mean the Pedal Map Ratio/Aggressiveness?

Niki usually maps the cars with a Linear Pedal map but again it depends what has been asked for on the day.

When I had my Golf R mapped earlier this Year I had 5 different maps on the car from Setting 1 which is identical to the cars original Stock Power Map, Setting 2 which is like an Economy Map with flat curves then setting's 3,4 and 5 as performance maps each increasing in both power and torque. Obviously number 5 is what I call the full beans map.

Again though that was my car and how I wanted it.

You know what I am going to say though don't you?.... Any questions regarding the Software then you ultimately best off speaking to Niki at R-Tech  :happy2:

Offline cooljimy84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 18
    • Personal
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 08:57:28 am »
I took the car to get the map. I didn't really ask for any thing, just let Nikki work his magic.
(about 2 years ago now)
So option 3 seems quite quick, boost hit 20 PSI progressively, pedal seems nice and progressive.
option 4 seems to hit 20 PSI very quick, the pedal seems to be more "my foot goes down to 50%, the car goes to 75%"
option 5 seems to hit 20 PSI very quick, the pedal feels as progressive as option 3.

I suspect the only way to tell (if each map is custom) would be to download the map and have a look at the "drive wish list"

Thanks for listing your maps, just think i had a rather hot engine when i switched to map 5 and it was pulling timing (TDC)
There is no replacement for displacement....
But a turbo does help....

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 38
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 11:24:54 am »
Did you get a graph printout?

My one lists all 5 different maps with torque and hp curves and numbers. Also number 3 is as call it "wet winter mode".

Obviously I keep it on full HP and torque 99% of the time as I didn't buy the car to drive like miss daisy  :laugh:
Stage "1.5" ED30 [330BHP] Rtech

Offline Vish8895

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 02:10:58 pm »
This is all very interesting.

How do you switch maps and what tells you which map you're on?

Offline Norfolk Ollie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 08:33:17 pm »
This is all very interesting.

How do you switch maps and what tells you which map you're on?

You turn the ignition on then put your left foot on the brake then tap the throttle pedal repeatedly and the rev counter shows which map is selected, by the corresponding number on the rev gauge. I have had a stage 1 custom map too and also have no idea how it was set-up. Tbh I was a little disappointed that no one asked me or explained the maps to me. I didn't get a print out of the five maps either, just the stock map and the maximum power.

a4gtilol

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 03:09:27 am »
Sorry to be the one to revive this ancient thread but I have a question.

I have an Audi (yeah I know....boooooo!!!!)

Just had it in for a new turbo and it only makes half the boost pressure it did before it went in to have the new turbo fitted.

It occurred to me that maybe my car has a multi map and was reset by the battery being disconnected for an extended period.

Can any of you guys chime in with known procedures for switching maps using the brake and accelerator pedals?

Any known procedures used on GTI's (and by proxy 2.0tfsi Audis) as I understand we have much the same engines.

HUGELY appreciate any input. The Audi forum I'm a member of is basically dead so figured you guys would be a better bet and since we share a very similar engine and passion I could stick around here and learn more about the 2.0 tfsi/get more help with problems.

Love n respect.