Make a donation

Author Topic: Rev g diverted valve  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Chesto18

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Rev g diverted valve
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 07:25:26 pm »
I have GFB DV+ with Revo stg 1 and it makes throttle response a fair bit snappier.
Not doubting you felt an improvement with the GFB valve, but I always wonder how many people are actually comparing a new GFB valve with a new OEM valve, rather than a split or at least well-worn OEM valve - which I'd imagine is the majority?
Fair point as few people are going to be replacing a healthy part. I have owned owned the car since new and the GFB feels sharper than either of the two types of oem valves I have had before.

I had a reg G in perfectly good conditions. I agree with colesey. :smiley:

Fitted a DV+ today in the place of a very healthy Rev G (around 3 months old) on a standard car. First impressions, very good.

Noticable improvement in sharpness of the throttle response and the boost feels ‘tight’, if that makes sense. No waiting for it to kick in on gear change either, boost is there as soon as I shift.

Very happy

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: Rev g diverted valve
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 12:11:36 pm »
I have GFB DV+ with Revo stg 1 and it makes throttle response a fair bit snappier.
Not doubting you felt an improvement with the GFB valve, but I always wonder how many people are actually comparing a new GFB valve with a new OEM valve, rather than a split or at least well-worn OEM valve - which I'd imagine is the majority?
Fair point as few people are going to be replacing a healthy part. I have owned owned the car since new and the GFB feels sharper than either of the two types of oem valves I have had before.

I had a reg G in perfectly good conditions. I agree with colesey. :smiley:

Fitted a DV+ today in the place of a very healthy Rev G (around 3 months old) on a standard car. First impressions, very good.

Noticable improvement in sharpness of the throttle response and the boost feels ‘tight’, if that makes sense. No waiting for it to kick in on gear change either, boost is there as soon as I shift.

Very happy

Same impressions as I had and still have with mine. :happy2: