Make a donation

Author Topic: Possible Track Day Event  (Read 3506 times)

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Possible Track Day Event
« on: December 31, 2008, 02:28:49 pm »
one of the guys on the mini forum has suggested hiring out the track on the saturday. he said a fully prepped track for the day will be 3k, so we would need a good turnout to make it affordable. i have the contact info to sort out booking etc if any of the mods want to do it?

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Possible Track Day Event
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 02:38:40 pm »
one of the guys on the mini forum has suggested hiring out the track on the saturday. he said a fully prepped track for the day will be 3k, so we would need a good turnout to make it affordable. i have the contact info to sort out booking etc if any of the mods want to do it?

That could work out relatively cheap if there was a good turnout (taking into account other forum members coming also). As long as its organised properly it could work! Nice idea  :smiley: :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Possible Track Day Event
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 02:57:23 pm »
would be good to do qualifying in the morning and then shootout in the afternoon.
32, 64 or 128+ car field.
Could draw up tables etc, bbq. Would be an awesome and a good way to bring the forums together.
We would get plenty more track tie too if we had the track to the hot hatches.
With 100 cars it would be £30 each, i wouldnt mind paying that. If we started organising it now we could get way more than 100 cars

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Possible Track Day Event
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:00:52 pm »
Guys, I have split this out into seperate topic so more people will see it  :happy2:

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 03:05:02 pm »
good idea steve. Just so nobody gets confused, this thread is about hiring out santa pod on the saturday 1st feb.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 03:20:08 pm »
I think its a brilliant idea!

What happens with regard to marshalling? Is there a limited amount of cars allowed on track at a given time?

I really hope this idea goes ahead!!!!!
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 04:28:19 pm »
the organiser will need to ask all of these questions. i do know that the money must be paid in advance and if it rains on the day there will be no refund or rescheduling the date.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 09:55:54 am »
so is this instead of on the 2nd?! would be a good idea but probs wont work in this time scale.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 03:26:25 pm »
its for the day b4 the rwyb event which is the 1st feb so wil b on the last day of jan. i agree joe, need more time for it to work properly.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 03:33:04 pm »
Good idea bud, but I think it will clash with the sunday and seperate a lot of the guys. I have counted about 80 peeps looking at coming on the sunday now from all the different forums, so to cancel the sunday for the sat would be a bit of a mare.. Another date I would be more than up for it..
Another possible problem that I can possibly see. Is with it being Jan/Feb, there is a bigger chance of it being hampered by the weather and 3k going down the $hitter, which nobody wants really. Is it the same price all year round?

Offline bennylenny88

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • needs moar lowwww
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 06:27:43 pm »
theres a track at santa pod? lol

2 x cerwin vega 15" subs and MTX 1000D amp with box and complete wiring for sale.. PM for details

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 07:48:23 pm »
No mate, only the strip.. Think the title need rewording..  :grin:

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 01:24:01 pm »
were better keeping the sunday booked, will find out prices for other dates later on in the year.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 06:18:58 pm »
were better keeping the sunday booked, will find out prices for other dates later on in the year.

That sounds like a plan  :happy2:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 01:56:26 pm »
i would be up for this Luca, beats going up strip in straight line, lol, might stand a chance against all these 300 + bhp sensible people carrier ED 30 s, lol. :fighting:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no