Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi, Newbie From Northampton (Big Read & Pics)  (Read 9419 times)

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Hi, Newbie From Northampton (Big Read & Pics)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 06:39:56 pm »
I'm in The Mounts, a few streets away from the murder  :confused:

Mine's standard at the minute so no worthwhile pics, I lost my job for a few months last year and all my money went on important things instead :(  I'm lucky to still have the car to be honest!

Hopefully in a month or two I'll have a modded car! I've got all the bits, I just need some money for the bodyshop, workshop and remapper :smiley:

I was really picky with spec too, but I had to let go because I never would've got a car.  After 5 months of searching I gave up and bought one with just xenons.  Some say the folding mirrors don't actually fold in enough so I wouldn't bother, and highline seems to be reasonably rare as dealers never understood what it was.  It might be worth buying a lowline one and finding a highline cluster on eBay over time.

So what are your plans for the GTI when you get it? 
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline .:GTI|SUNNY:.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
  • I spend too much time on this forum, I'm addicted
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 07:10:42 pm »
I'm in The Mounts, a few streets away from the murder  :confused:

Mine's standard at the minute so no worthwhile pics, I lost my job for a few months last year and all my money went on important things instead :(  I'm lucky to still have the car to be honest!

Hopefully in a month or two I'll have a modded car! I've got all the bits, I just need some money for the bodyshop, workshop and remapper :smiley:

I was really picky with spec too, but I had to let go because I never would've got a car.  After 5 months of searching I gave up and bought one with just xenons.  Some say the folding mirrors don't actually fold in enough so I wouldn't bother, and highline seems to be reasonably rare as dealers never understood what it was.  It might be worth buying a lowline one and finding a highline cluster on eBay over time.

So what are your plans for the GTI when you get it?  
The Mounts! i'm suprised your GTI has survived, that area is abit rough.

I definately want one with xenons  and i've seen a few on pistonheads with highline and in manual so i might just have to do what you did and give up on the folding mirrors, my cousin has them on his R32 and they only fold in a very tiny bit so come to think of it i wouldnt bother with them now.....i had a lowline or midline whichever it's called in my R32 and was looking to have the highline fitted but apparently it cant be done, it needs programming etc, so in the end i had to get my car hooked up to VAG-COM so i could adjust the coming home light timers and auto door locks at 10mph.

i have a couple parts already for the GTI, one is the Recaro heated bucket seats same as i had in the R32 and i've got R32 rear lights and 19" Audi A8 split rims

I'm on the look out for ED30 front splitter, Coilovers, RNS510, ED30 steering wheel (if i get a red GTI) and maybe a badge-less front grille or US spec smooth GTI grille

bodywork wise colour code side skirts, colour code rear bumper  :smiley:

Performance wise it will just be a carbonio induction, milltek exhaust and remap
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:19:06 pm by .:GTI|SUNNY:. »
| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline BenR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 07:16:25 pm »
Welcome mate,

Nice previous cars...i remember you from www.corsa-c.co.uk when i used to have a couple of corsa's, you bought some smoked headlights off me..remember lol?

Good to see you on here anyway mate!

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:37 pm »
Welcome mate,

Nice previous cars...i remember you from www.corsa-c.co.uk when i used to have a couple of corsa's, you bought some smoked headlights off me..remember lol?

Good to see you on here anyway mate!
LOL oh yeah i met you at a service station you had a GSI then  :grin: after i bought your lights 2months after i sold the corsa and bought a R32, 90bhp>250bhp LOL

i just had a quick look at your car, nice ED30 you have sitting on Bentleys  :happy2:

look forward to updates on your car and hopefully see you at shows this year  :happy2:
| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline BenR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 08:35:12 pm »
Yeah thats right i had that gsi back then lol thanks mate i got rid of the bentleys a few weeks ago im on the standard edition 30 wheels for a bit now! 

Yeah i will be at all/most of the shows this year look forward to seeing your gti once you get one your plans sound really good mate  :happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 10:40:56 am »
Welcome to the forum! Nice cars you've had! Quick question.....can you tell me the specs of your BBS LM's? I'm only asking because I want a set as I'm getting an E46 M3 and the stance of yours looks spot on!
Thanks mate,

the LMs were 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear it was lowered on Eibach Pro Kit springs
i bought all my parts from www.bmstyling.co.uk and got good prices as i was on www.e46zone.com

:happy2:

Thanks mate, appreciated  :happy2: :happy2:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 11:20:09 am »
Welcome Sunny!  :drinking:

I remember seeing your R on R32oc.  :happy2:
Thanks Greenouse, i reconise your sig pic from R32oc, your the lucky guy with an R and GTi   :sad1:  :signLOL:

Was said guy!  :sad1:  The R had to go due to a house move but will be replaced in the summer!  :wink:

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 02:16:41 am »
Welcome Sunny!  :drinking:

I remember seeing your R on R32oc.  :happy2:
Thanks Greenouse, i reconise your sig pic from R32oc, your the lucky guy with an R and GTi   :sad1:  :signLOL:

Was said guy!  :sad1:  The R had to go due to a house move but will be replaced in the summer!  :wink:
oh no  :(

same reason i sold my R aswel, i wouldnt mind having one again it's an amazing car, but tbh now i've had one i want something a little different now, hence i'm going for an GTI now, as i think the MK5 is the best shaped golf as of yet, dont like the MK6.

i'm just not sure which GTI i want, the 200bhp or the 230bhp...want to know if its worth paying more for 30bhp or be cheaper to tune a 200bhp version.  :confused:
| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 02:40:40 pm »
...the mounts, crikey

in my yoof i used to go to a nightclub there called "Top of the Town" stabbings a frequent activity but used to be a decent night out on a friday compared to the other fruits northampton had to offer  :laugh:

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 09:32:04 pm »
...the mounts, crikey

in my yoof i used to go to a nightclub there called "Top of the Town" stabbings a frequent activity but used to be a decent night out on a friday compared to the other fruits northampton had to offer  :laugh:
lol that place now is just wasting away, dont think anyone dares to risk opening something there now  :grin:
| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 11:16:42 pm »
...the mounts, crikey

Yeah I live round the corner from that old dump.  They started knocking it down in 2008 (http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Top-of-the-Town-is.4347701.jp) but its still in pretty much that state now thanks to the recession!

You're right about our other clubs, they're awful.  I go out of town for nights out.

The Mounts isn't as bad as people make out.  I actually left my keys in my front door from 6pm til 8am one day last week, the car was still parked outside and the house was as I left it!  That said, I'm not doing it again!

Sunny, the future plans for your GTI sound pretty awesome, especially the seats.  Oh those seats  :drool:
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 05:44:41 pm »
i was behind the scenes when the zone 1 and 2 opened (are they still there?)

top of the town was a dump though, some excellent memories of it though

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 11:16:39 pm »
I only remember one Zone, and that was by the rugby ground?  If so thats now the club shop!  I remember seeing 2unlimited in there, oh the shame!
Tom

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 11:26:09 pm »
Yeah that was it, zone 1 for the over 18s and next door was zone 2 for the over 21s  :laugh:

you can tell I've not been out into Northampton for years!  :grin:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 07:15:39 am »
Welcome along sunny