Make a donation

Author Topic: VW erWin repair manuals and Self Study  (Read 921 times)

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
VW erWin repair manuals and Self Study
« on: April 04, 2019, 10:33:50 am »
Hi All,
Please note: before reading... this post is not for free repair manuals. (I do apologise if this has been covered before, but I couldn't see nothing in search regarding this)

But If you're interested in repairing/maintaining your own car, then its worth keeping this link in mind!

I'm sure some of you may be aware of this already but I know others (like myself) more than likely won't be, and didn't have a clue this existed! After being impatient waiting for a wiring diagram from a mate, I spoke to VW live chat to see if they could help out.. well I'll be damned.. then only passed me this link explaining about a flat rate, repairs etc.  :confused: well for those who didn't know either I thought It'd be rude not to share it!

So basically, from what I can tell and have read online.. you pay a "flat rate" for 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month etc.. prices roughly: 1 hour €7 and 1 day(24hr) being €30. from what I've read out and about.. you can also download and save the PDF manuals as well as print them.. including the SSP's (self study programmes). There is quite a lot on there, so finding which ones you need before buying a "flat rate" would be a good idea. Can even go halves with a mate or something to knock the price down and share downloads. I also read on a forum, that if you put your head to it, you can pretty much download/save all the ones you'll ever need for your car in 30mins with a good tinterweb connection. For most of what I've "read" please feel free to research yourself, as its only what I've read and not tried!

So here's the link if anyone wishes to take a browse, you do have to register first (free and easy). Navigate along the header to "individual vehicle information" and select "training items" or "repair information" and off you go. there's other bits on the site too, so have a look around.

Again, apologise if this has already been mentioned. Hope it helps some of us out for the sake of 7-30 quid (or euros lol) but I believe this could come in handy for some of us.  :happy2:

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 673
Re: VW erWin repair manuals and Self Study
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 03:27:28 pm »
Thanks for sharing, seems right handy and I like the idea of downloading all of the wiring info within a day's session charge  :grin:

There is no 'sign up' link on that page though?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 04:51:15 pm »
No Probs Pudding, I'd like to think, for the sake of £7 and when short of a bit of info, it will help us all out! repair procedures, wiring diagrams.. self stufy etc.

Registration is in the top right header under "My Erwin" you'll find it  :happy2:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 673
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 05:08:08 pm »
Ah yes, there it is!  Cheers chap  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D