Make a donation

Author Topic: Dual Climate question Mk5 Gti  (Read 1233 times)

Offline stugolf

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Dual Climate question Mk5 Gti
« on: May 24, 2019, 12:16:37 pm »
Hi guys, I've seen a Mk5 Gti I like, but it doesn't have dual climate control? I thought this was standard? The car is a 2008 model so one of the last one's

Almost the same as this pic on Pistonheads but its a manual https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1222981

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Offline f00glee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Dual Climate question Mk5 Gti
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 12:30:43 pm »
I think you've pretty much answered your own question.

You'll also see that the one in the linked image has a tray where an upward facing vent would be top center of the dash, for a car with climatronic.
Also there is no sun sensor which would usually sit just next to the upper vent near the windscreen.

If the one you're looking at doesn't have the upper vent/sun sensor either i'd say its unlikely it ever had full climate control. If it has these and just the control panel has changed, maybe it did, but someone at some point has reverted back to standard air con for some reason?

You're right though, climatronic seems to be much more common that standard air con.
Current:
Mk6 R, Tornado Red, 5-door, '13.
Previous:
Mk5 GTI, Tornado Red, 3-door, '06, R-tech Stage "1+"

Offline stugolf

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 12:34:41 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I will check that, I'm not sure owner has said it was specced with "Semi AC Automatic Option" I've never heard of this myself! Thought they all have dual climate with the 2 little screens

Offline amanda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 12:51:47 pm »
I have duel climate control on mine and to be perfectly honest I prefer to open sunroof and windows in summer and switch climate off.
 What I do notice when I do this my fuel consumption drops considerably  :stupid:

Offline stugolf

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 12:56:39 pm »
I just thought all MK5 Gti's had the same dual climate, unless they were imported or changed manually?

Not sure if anyone can confirm that

Offline amanda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 03:17:23 pm »
AFAIR everything can be altered as long it’s done at time of order and before build ie before it gets on production line.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 05:46:53 pm »
You have a manual AC, which for the year of the car is weird. In my country all Comfortline and above have dual climate zone AC, so you only see these manual AC on poor spec'd Trendlines or on imported Golfs.

If you want to retrofit the dual climate zone AC you'll need to replace the AC blower as well. It's possible but requires a fair bit of labour.

Offline Lucky ducky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 07:56:46 pm »
Here's mine with the famous Econ button

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk