Make a donation

Author Topic: LC5F's Graphite Blue GTI - Tooth Fairy Visited  (Read 15435 times)

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 34
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
Re: LC5F's Graphite Blue GTI - Tooth Fairy Visited
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2021, 05:33:38 pm »
Great update! :congrats:
Reflex Silver Edition 30  FOR SALE! VAG scans in South Lincs/Cambs/West Norfolk.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gvkmotorsport

Offline LC5F

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2021, 07:52:46 pm »
Thanks @GVK

@Pudding
Went for a run this evening to capture 032 and read 033 is a good health check too - unsure how to interpret  the numbers though!
Unsure if its a good test period - problem is I'm in the city and tricky to open it up to give a more varied use - Any way this is after start up:

And after a longer run around the block it reported:

Offline Pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 559
« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2021, 08:54:26 am »
So far so good  :happy2:   You will definitely need a lot more miles on it to get a better picture, but those numbers basically just mean fuelling tweaks the ECU has to make to get the actual and requested lambda numbers to match.   The bigger the numbers, the worse the intake is as it generally points to the MAF scaling being completely wrong, which is a common problem with aftermarket kits.

So long as neither exceed 5%, all is good  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | Ohlins Coilovers | Revo Map | Plus some other stuff | Is all a GTI needs :-)

Offline LC5F

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2021, 04:38:01 pm »
Golf is in its MOT window so need to keep everything sweet - the ABS error seems to have calmed itself down and has not flashed up for a week or so - hopefully I only have the blown bulb warning to worry about - that pops up randomly with the Mk7 LED number plate lights.

To complete the overhaul, I still have Passat alloy hubs and new bearings to fit, bought new ABS sensors to fit with the hubs, if the ABS warning re-appears I will swap out the sensor - hubs can wait until after MOT, just incase I cut/nick a boot on a ball joint or track rod end.

Sourced an INA drive belt tensioner, like the timing chain tensioner it has the VAG PN ground off:

Found a temporary cable tie mod to keep the drive belt in place while removing the tensioner... all to avoid jacking up, removing the wheel and dropping the undertray... worked great until I dropped the bottom most bolt while pulling the tensioner out. out came the jack, wheel off, but had success with telescopic magnet to fish the bolt out:

New tensioner has really quietened down the engine a lot, the pulley on the old tensioner had only a very small amount of play, but this creating a fretting noise and I could see the arm moving around - making a lot of noise

I have now had the Mk5 for nearly 2 years, decided to treat it to a new cabin filter, the old filter was replaced not long after purchase, it was full of tree debris so due for change:

I didn't realise that hidden under cardboard in the bottom of the crate my head came back in were my old valves, they are a bit more bent than they were after belt slip - valves were jammed open with springs compressed - so to get the collets out the valve had to be hammered over to allow the spring to be compressed:

Seemed I was very much due a de-carbon - at least that is a small win!: