Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 1 power for a GTi  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Dooge

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Stage 1 power for a GTi
« on: October 28, 2019, 07:43:01 pm »
Hey all,

I have owned my mk6 GTi for about a month and a half now. I am getting used to it and love it as an all rounder.

When I bought it the previous owner stated it had been mapped to 270 bhp by Stealth Racing. Supposedly it ran 239 stock. I thought these figures were a bit high, when I looked at the 2 bits of paperwork included (one graph with stock and mapped figures and another with torque at a variety of RPM's) one of the bits of paperwork said that the stock figure was calculated engine power and wheel horsepower was 197 bhp. 42 hp is a lot to lose through parasitic losses isnt it? VAG turbo motors have a reputation as running better than factory numbers.

Applying the same losses to the mapped figure that comes out at 228 hp, which seems a little low. I do understand each dyno is different and calculates power at different rates. The car is completely stock, is this about average for a stage 1? The car drives well and has a smooth power delivery so I'm not too worried about chasing figures, more ensuring the car is healthy.

Doug

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: Previous: Mk7.5 Fiesta ST, Current: None, future: MK5 GTI
Re: Stage 1 power for a GTi
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 08:04:19 am »
if yours is a normal GTI it will have circa 197bhp at the fly from factory, (200ps) which is about 160bhp at the wheels, 239bhp is about right for a stage 1 map at the fly and 270bhp is what most tuners see around stage 2

Offline Dooge

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Stage 1 power for a GTi
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 11:58:10 pm »
if yours is a normal GTI it will have circa 197bhp at the fly from factory, (200ps) which is about 160bhp at the wheels, 239bhp is about right for a stage 1 map at the fly and 270bhp is what most tuners see around stage 2

Thanks Daz, sounds like nothing to worry about then? It was mapped by Stealth Racing who seem to have a good reputation in the VAG world from what I can see.

I've chased power figures before and its not the way I want to go with the Golf.