Make a donation

Author Topic: Pick my tyre choice  (Read 2337 times)

Offline imprezzaworks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Pick my tyre choice
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 04:25:51 pm »
Probably going to try the falken 512's. Think they are £121 for a pair from Demon Tweeks. May wait and see if they do a 20% deal soon.

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 09:03:22 pm »
That's 8 times longer than my Rainsports last :happy2:
Running Rainsport 5’s they are really good tyres...see hoe I feel ina year!

I drive like cars are meant to be driven and the best value/performance out there for me is kuhmo ku39. Great tyre, I have used them for years on a golf gti, r32 and bmw 330i. Always give good grip and wear well. Better than most more expensive tyres and definitely better than similar price avons etc.

I ran Kuhmo’s on my Mk4 - very good tyres, 2 issues I had, my usual tyre source didn’t carry them and I would have to get them ordered in. Other issue, awesome grip - but when the tyres wore out it wasn’t gradual tell tale slipping - it was sudden.

I usually use Camskill and have a mobile tyre fitter mount them - only saved £5 a corner with my current rainsports - at least I can keep an eye on where they jack the Golf up, or even jack it up myself, all my previous golfs had F’d sills due to tyre fitters.

Offline corradovr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2020, 08:21:52 am »
yeah- I order them in and my local garage fits for £10 each.

ive shopped around and usually cant find them any cheaper than tyreleader, sometimes black circles do them similar price.

by the way when I posted £119 for the kuhmos in my last post that was for 2 delivered I.e £60 each.

ive not really ran them down to low level, usually change at 2.5 to 3 mm, but for £60 each its affordable to do that

Offline imprezzaworks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 08:44:52 am »
It is considering PS4 would be £100 per tyre.