Author Topic: AC woes again - PLEASE HELP A SUICIDAL MAN :-(  (Read 1110 times)

Offline amanda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 12
Re: AC woes again - PLEASE HELP A SUICIDAL MAN :-(
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2020, 12:01:38 PM »
Hmmmmm I thought there was a relay?? On the bottom of the fan unit that fails but cannot remember if that’s for air con models or climate control models

Offline ljc19630

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2020, 01:10:07 PM »
I tried a new fan pack and had exact same problem. Start car, AC set to LO - neither fan kicks in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline altec244

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 11:48:15 PM »
Did you get any further with this? I'm in a similar situation with fans that don't seem to come on at all, but A/C that never blows cold despite a compressor replacement and no leaks.

Offline ljc19630

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2020, 02:14:20 PM »
Hi guys
So the issue is as it was originally. Start car, set to Lo, no cold AC untill car has been driven for 10 mins. Then freezing cold AC
Tested and tested and tested and same results every time, Even when car is at running temperature, if it’s turned off, fans stop, turn back on and it takes 10 mins for AC to start blowing. I’ve got the new Sanden Compressor but just waiting for my pal to return to work on 6/7 as he’s gonna fit it as apart from that all other parts have been renewed

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 64
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2020, 09:34:06 PM »
Mine seems similar in that I don't start getting cold air until I've driven a mile or two, maybe it's a quirk or the car rather than a fault as I'm sure mine has had a new compressor in the past by the looks of it.

Offline ljc19630

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 07:32:03 AM »
Pretty sure it’s not a quirk as I know others on here that have commented and said that a should blow cold almost immediately once it’s turned on and also in Lo setting

Offline ljc19630

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2020, 03:39:29 PM »
Hi chaps,
Well to add to this i have just discovered something. Did an oil and filter change earlier and post completion fired up the car and left it running for around 15 mins. Then went out for a 5 mile test drive. AC came on sooner, as car had been running previously. Got home checked oil level, and left the car for around 2 hours. Then needed to pop out, so started car up, AC on Low...No fans working, AC luke warm. However i then noticed that as soon as the temp gauge hit 90 degrees the AC kicked in. First time i have actually noticed this, hence what on earth could be causing the Fans not to Kick in and AC not to blow cold until the temps are up to 90 degrees? I'm going check it again later, but think i have now narrowed this down, but just need to find the link to the issue????

Cheers
Louie