Make a donation

Author Topic: Door Dings!  (Read 2392 times)

Ifti

Door Dings!
« on: March 14, 2010, 02:56:48 pm »
Im getting sick of motherf**kers who dont care for others property - so much so, that Ive even started to check my car over every time I park in a public carpark!!

At home its garaged. At work I make sure I park in open space, or take up 2 spaces (had a chat with the site manager and he's fine with me taking 2 spaces! lol)

At Tesco's I park in a 'Blue Badge' area which is for people carrying children etc - although I dont have a badge I do have kids, but they never check anyways.

So I dont know where the hell Ive picked up my second door ding - on the same rear door!!

Where can I get these sorted in the Essex area? They are very slight - you cannot feel them, and you can only see them when the car is clean, and you look from the correct angle etc. I asked my friend to spot them and he couldnt - so they arent anything major. No paintwork marks, just very slight dings.

Is there anything I can get to sort them, or is it best getting them done professionally? I mean, is there a small sucker or something I could use that would straighten it out, without puling too far, since the ding is so slight you cant even feel it!
As I said, most people dont notice them at all, but I know its there and it bugs me! I like my car perfect!

Offline Moschops

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
Re: Door Dings!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 04:22:51 pm »

At Tesco's I park in a 'Blue Badge' area which is for people carrying children etc - although I dont have a badge I do have kids, but they never check anyways.

Sorry to hear you have picked up some dents, but I don't agree with this...the Blue Badge area is for disabled people...no one else!! 

Tesco's need a kick up the ar5e for allowing people to do this.
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 04:33:22 pm »
+1

Ifti

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 05:10:53 pm »
Sorry I should have written that in front of the wider bays they have blue signs showing they are for people with children. Ive always called it the blue badge area because of the blue signs!
Since I have kids, and carseats in the back, I park there, although I still think you need to have some badge to park there.

We have seperate bays for disabled, which are directly opposite the 'parent/child' bays, which are painted orange, and where you need to display your disabled badge.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:15:37 pm by Ifti »

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 05:53:07 pm »
 :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 06:45:14 pm »
I've used dentcentral in the past. They have nationwide franchises.

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 07:36:13 pm »
I used Dent Devils not too long ago and was very impressed with the guys work.  They too have nationwide franchises.

Offline bindinbear

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Newbie lovin' the edition 30
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 11:41:43 am »
I'm with you on the door dings mate, inconsiderate so and so's!!

I would second the dent devil option. sounds like if they are minor, they can be pulled out easily and quickly. seen it done with magnets and rods down the door skin. You may find them at a show as I have in the past where I got two dings done for 35.00. Don't know if any are coming up soon by you? Suppose it depends on if you can wait. Personally it would bug the hell out of me and I'd have to have it repaired sharpish!

It may be worth asking who ever comes out, if they can do future jobs on the side for a discount, you may get a positive answer. Always handy to have a contact because you can bet that some bloody idiot will do it to your pride and joy again!(not that i'd wish that on anybody) You don't get if you don't ask! :happy2:
08' Edition 30 no.1899. 5dr steel grey DSG. MFSW, xenons, sunroof, rns510, ipod prep, armrest, voice activation, bluetooth, parking sensors.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 12:34:01 pm »
I think the supermarkets are partly to blame for making spaces so tight. Cars get bigger, spaces get smaller.

Ifti

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 04:51:09 pm »
Cheers guys, at least I know who to look out for now etc.

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 09:37:30 am »
I regularly park at the furthest most point from the door of the store, that said even when the cp is empty I still get some MUPPET PARKING RIGHT BESIDE ME!!!  :fighting:  :fighting:

I was told incidentally that some people like to park to other cars in order to give them something to line up against!!!  :stupid:

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

My audi used to get it all the time, it cost me £60 per ding to get done locally (I have a great guy in Glasgow, if anyone local ever needs the number).  With the GTI I am more careful. (OH no famous last words!)

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 10:18:35 am »
i usually go for the furthest away from the door space and take up two spaces. Unless ive got the wee boy then i try get a parent and child space - if they are not filled by arse's without kids.

Nasir

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 12:06:38 pm »
How come your car is up for sale Ifti?