Make a donation

Author Topic: Key combos  (Read 4864 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Key combos
« on: January 04, 2009, 04:12:11 pm »
Somehow, probably with pressing all the keys on the fob when bored, I've managed to bugger a few things up. Only happened in the last month.

1. Windows no longer wind up and down once the car's turned off. Really annoying because it used to be so useful.

2. Can't open the boot without using the boot button, even when I'm in the car and all the doors are open (double-press door open button on door).

Any ideas on how to correct it all?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
Re: Key combos
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:44:10 pm »

Any ideas on how to correct it all?
Is the behaviour the same when you use your spare key fob?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 07:11:31 pm »
i remember a few years ago on my old bora, i had to teach/learn the key with car, and it went along the lines of locking the car with the key (dvr door) keeping it in the lock,  pressing one or both buttons, then unlock with key, and it was set.
something like that
billy

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:50:23 pm »
You have midline steath, im sure if you have Vag-com, you can adjust the options/settings from that, but if not, its a trip to the dealer to reset the settings im afraid. :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 08:10:45 pm »
I'm waiting on the group buy for the VAGCOM. Happy to wait until then, just an arse.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:13:19 pm »
I'm sure there is a procedure for re-synchronising the central locking, something like what Billy was saying, you lock the car with the key and hold it in the locked position for so many seconds or something like that , I'm sure there is a method. Maybe Vrstu or somebody else equally as switched on can help :smiley:

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 11:39:51 am »
Id be interested in hearing how this is resolved, since I've picked up my car the remote open/close windows doesn't work and the boot opening button doesn't seem to work at all.  Not really bothered but it would be nice to have these features...
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:50:19 am »
Hi there guys

The cars have not been in for a service recently have they?

We had a similar issue. The car went in to have the CCM computer's software updated. The reason it did it was because (You prob wont belive me) but the software for the CCM computer is American. But the computer itself is German. So they conflict with each other. It can happen any time.

CCM- CEntral convenience module. It controls power steering, central locking, windows etc.

Solution:

1. Take her in to be reset and if a reset does not help they may change the controllers software.
2. The car may have been in for a service recently and had the software upgrade. By having the software upgrade both boot opening and operation of windows via the key fob are disabled. Simply access the options via the highline computer and set them as you want them.
3. The coding may be out. Check the manual. There is a way to recode the key by putting it into the drivers door and turning it whilst pushing a button or something. I cant fully remember how.
4. If you dont have the highline... Pop into VW and they can change it via VAG COM. OR ask a forum member to help  :signLOL:

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 02:55:16 pm »
Midline  :sad:

But mine most likely had the updates before I took ownership 6 months ago (2005 model).  Usefull information, I'll see how much VW want to rob me for this and then most likely tell them to naff off.

Cheers though.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 09:27:20 pm »
Midline too. But funnily enough, the car boot now opens normally.

Still can't get the windows to open without the keys in the ignition (the hold-down-open-button trick still works though).

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 10:06:52 am »
Hello

But mine most likely had the updates before I took ownership 6 months ago (2005 model).  Usefull information, I'll see how much VW want to rob me for this and then most likely tell them to naff off.

Cheers though.

Technically VW cant rob you. Your vehcile has these options and you have paid for these options. If they try charge tell them to get lost. All they do is plug her in and click a few buttons and its done. Its their responsibility.

I dont want to speak for him but drop VRSTU a PM. He is very good with VAGCOM and maybe you and him can sort something out.

Midline too. But funnily enough, the car boot now opens normally.

Still can't get the windows to open without the keys in the ignition (the hold-down-open-button trick still works though).

Have you tried recoding the key? I personally would not leave this. The car is doing its own thing. I dont think you want to wake up to a car full of ice cos a window opened?  :sad:

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 11:54:30 am »
Hello

Cheers though.

Technically VW cant rob you. Your vehcile has these options and you have paid for these options. If they try charge tell them to get lost. All they do is plug her in and click a few buttons and its done. Its their responsibility.

I dont want to speak for him but drop VRSTU a PM. He is very good with VAGCOM and maybe you and him can sort something out.

I'm based up in Aberdeen which puts me at a great distance (I suspect!) from most other members on here and golfgti.  I like your optimism with regards to the dealers but my exerience of them in the past is that they will want an hours labour just to 'investigate' what they will regard as a fault.  I might phone them up for a laugh but like I say I'm not really too bothered.  At the weekend I might have a go at recoding the key according to the manual and see if that makes any difference.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 12:04:21 pm »
Im anything but positive about dealers.

But this is the running of your car and it honestly only takes a few minutes. So they would be stupid to charge.

Mike

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 12:29:05 pm »
Have you tried recoding the key? I personally would not leave this. The car is doing its own thing. I dont think you want to wake up to a car full of ice cos a window opened?  :sad:

This has been going on for two weeks. Not once in that time did the windows ever roll down randomly. Will check it again tonight with the other key.,

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 12:31:36 pm »
I didnt say it had. I was hgowever saying that anything is possible. Rather just be safe  :innocent: