All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Key combos

<< < (5/5)

stealthwolf:
Lol this was from ages ago.

Anyway, what I've found is that if I'm driving, doors locked, then I park and open the door locks (double pressing the door open button on the car door), the boot won't open until the driver's door has been opened (can be closed straight away). Haven't tested it for other doors (have 5dr).

Guess maybe it's some kind of security feature?
Does it happen to anyone else?

Rich:
Can you program the car yourself to make the windows go up soon as you lock the car... ?


i know about holding the lock/unlock button down for a few seconds does it... but it would be nice for them to go up on their own  :smiley:



Anyone know ?

rdfcpete:

--- Quote from: stealthwolf on June 14, 2009, 09:45:55 pm ---Lol this was from ages ago.

Anyway, what I've found is that if I'm driving, doors locked, then I park and open the door locks (double pressing the door open button on the car door), the boot won't open until the driver's door has been opened (can be closed straight away). Haven't tested it for other doors (have 5dr).

Guess maybe it's some kind of security feature?
Does it happen to anyone else?

--- End quote ---

Indeed, sorry to being back from the dead. Didn't think it warranted a new thread  :laugh:

That's cool, cheers for the tip. Mine's three door anyhow.
I just found it a little mystifying as to why there wasn't an open boot button in the car itself, but you can press and hold the boot button even if it's in the ignition... (just about).

NB07:
i normally hit the unlock button on the key fob twice and then open my boot or press the unlock button inside the car and that unlocks mine no problem (3 door)  :happy2:

but yeah ive had issues with the middle button tbh i thought it didnt work  :signIWS: will try the 4 second thing but its easier to just press top button twice quickly i reckon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version