Make a donation

Author Topic: installing blue tooth and battery drain  (Read 1219 times)

Offline shepped1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
installing blue tooth and battery drain
« on: May 17, 2020, 11:38:53 pm »
Hi All

Firstly can I say a big thank you to the members that responded for my previous post and ref to a DAB aerial... much appreciated. :happy2:
Now having got all the wires in place and the aerial in situ and patiently waiting for the delivery of my new rns 510 my next dilemma will be the dreaded battery drain issue (my car is a 2006 model) potentially changing the canbus module and having it recoded. Any recommendations on who may be able to offer this service ( I live near Guildford Surrey). In addition to this I would potentially want to buy a Bluetooth module for the unit and I guess that too will need to be sync to the radio/dash display so part numbers for that also needed... much appreciated (part number for radio is 1T0 035 686 E ) thank you

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: installing blue tooth and battery drain
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 09:03:40 am »
The blue tooth will be plug and play.. There is  company called vw retro fit who could code the module in redditch

Offline shepped1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 10:49:23 am »
Thank you for that I have given him a call and to supply a blue tooth module and fit and to code all complete would cost total of £300.00.
That would include a used Bluetooth (genuine VW) module, replace canbus (or address battery drain issue), and to sync with dash both radio and Bluetooth....does this about right?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 01:23:37 pm »
It's about right as the blue tooth module kit is any where between £150 to £200 a coded module about £40 so least  its done right