Make a donation

Author Topic: 2 part question...  (Read 1355 times)

Offline samuelmem97

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 0
2 part question...
« on: June 10, 2020, 04:13:24 pm »
Hi so I have a bit of a 2-part question. So I’m thinking of going stage one on my Gti, I’m currently on 140k miles. I have changed the DV and pcv valve, belt & waterpump was done at 104k and I have just had some Michelin PS4’s put on a couple weeks ago. So my question is this, what would it be worth checking/changing if I plan on going stage 1?

Second part of the question would be exhaust wise as I want decent flow from the engine etc if I’m going stage 1 (already have ram Induction kit) I don’t want anything yobbo loud, nice tone and fairly loud on boost, minimal drone on motorways. I’m debating between non res milltek and non res scorpion catback a, what’s the sound difference like on these? Only thing that puts me off the miltek is that the back boxes are quite big and you can see them hanging under the car?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated to this essay of a question  :happy2:

Offline Adrian 200bhp

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
Re: 2 part question...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 06:32:17 pm »
Stage 1 remap is pretty painless and the only one you dont have to modify anything  so you should be good to go. If you have dsg make sure you get that remaped as well.

Offline Cozza

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 07:09:57 pm »
Might be worth changing cam follower if there’s no history of it being changed. As mentioned above no additional modifications are required for stage 1, cat back exhaust is for extra noise more then anything at this stage of tuning
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:15:30 pm by Cozza »

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 04:25:49 am »
At 140k miles...I would change the timing chain and tensioner. I would check the N80 or replace it.

I would find someone with VCDS to look at the data for its fuel trims and read all of its stored fault codes. Fuel trims will point to whether or not it has leaks or if injectors are in poor condition. Data/codes will show if the Maf and other sensors or valves may be aged as well.

If installing a down-pipe, and you have an intake, you can go stage 2.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 11:36:14 pm »
You don't need the dsg mapped for a stage 1.

Offline Adrian 200bhp

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 12:06:10 pm »
No you dont need too but its recommended you do dsg as well