Make a donation

Author Topic: Looking For Reflex Silver Wings  (Read 2326 times)

Offline corradovr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Looking For Reflex Silver Wings
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 02:12:57 pm »
I bought 2 silver ones from Lothian car parts a month ago- fit is decent and colour is decent. If you know they have been changed, yeah you may spot the odd issue but for 170 there worth a go.

As there new paint and the rest of the car is 15 years old theres bound to be a difference, but you have to be really looking to tell.

I cur the bottom of the old foam off and undersealed the insides so hopefully wont be same issue in a year or two.

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 03:17:21 pm »
Mines had a left front wing before I got it, can tell by the fitment around the A pillar (And the fact the rear 1/4 wasn't painted at the same time)  :fighting:

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 08:04:16 pm »
I've read about the Lothian eBay wings just rusting away after a few years, not just on the usual arch spot but all around the edges.  That plus the new/old paint really put me off. Hopefully yours will be better than that though!

Just holding out for second hand drivers side wing now.

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2020, 04:37:42 pm »
Just bought a drivers side from eBay - off a 2008 GT TDI with no signs of rust. 

Looking forward to getting these sorted now!

Annoyingly the nearside has a small ding in it, but should come out fairly easy with a paintless dent removeal guy