Make a donation

Author Topic: How to access lumbar support in MK5 GT Sport leather seats  (Read 953 times)

Offline middlerhythm

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
How to access lumbar support in MK5 GT Sport leather seats
« on: September 05, 2020, 03:54:15 pm »
One of my children kicked the back of the seat in a tantrum and ever since my lumbar support motor just winds round but nothing moves. I've done some Googling for this but all the guides relate to GTI leather seats.

There seems to be no way of accessing the lumbar support equipment in the back of the seat unless I undo the seams in the leather. I've detached the plastic strips on the bottom of the seat back and was expecting to see a similar set of plastic strips to peel apart up either side of the side, but alas, nothing. It's all tightly sewn together.

Has anyone got experience of these seats and how to access the shizzle in the seat?

Thanks

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
Re: How to access lumbar support in MK5 GT Sport leather seats
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 11:09:51 pm »
The seat back cover should be able to un-glove to get at the insides - find an auto upholsterer, maybe a trip there to show you how to get into the seat back, or open up a seam, this allows you look into the problem and hopefully fix it and then a trip back to re-stitch if required.

Or look into Borescope for phones - less than £10 on ebay - you can have a look inside the seat and work out if its fixable

Offline middlerhythm

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: How to access lumbar support in MK5 GT Sport leather seats
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 01:24:23 pm »
Nice one thanks