Make a donation

Author Topic: Hella Xenon look headlights mkv golf  (Read 69439 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: Hella Xenon look headlights mkv golf
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 01:31:01 pm »
Interesting.. didnt realise you could get copies that were so close to the oem look

My guess is the actuators are to flip up the mirror to make them bixenon (ie when you pull the main beam on my oem xenons the mirror flips up to give full beam xenon along with the main beam lamps also firing)
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 03:09:32 pm »
has anyone used these? they do look very OEM, although not sure of the quality! Would be nice to see some pics of them on!
Ed30

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 04:49:46 pm »
has anyone used these? they do look very OEM, although not sure of the quality! Would be nice to see some pics of them on!

Well I doubt there would be a quality issue with them being hella lights. Hella stuff is regularly used as OEM anyway. They probably just had loads left over and decided to sell them on their own :)

I'm trying to convince my mate (oxygen) to get them and then we will see what they are like but I wouldnt have thought they are any worse quality than the oem vw ones and infact they are better because you dont HAVE to use the OEM xenon bulb (which isnt actually as bright as the HID kit i had on my old car)
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 04:57:27 pm »
Interesting.. didnt realise you could get copies that were so close to the oem look

My guess is the actuators are to flip up the mirror to make them bixenon (ie when you pull the main beam on my oem xenons the mirror flips up to give full beam xenon along with the main beam lamps also firing)

I'm not so sure, as they are only 'xenon look' with a halogen bulb fitted in the projector unit.

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline hkp

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 09:00:02 pm »
I've got a set here that I'm going to fit soon.. Quality is top notch - absolutely OEM. If you do buy a set make sure you get RHD versions. Most sellers are stocking LHD versions.

They look just like the Xenons, but have an H7 halogen bulb behind the projector. I reckon a set of HID bulbs would go in there should you fancy some?

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 09:07:41 pm »
I've got a set here that I'm going to fit soon.. Quality is top notch - absolutely OEM. If you do buy a set make sure you get RHD versions. Most sellers are stocking LHD versions.

They look just like the Xenons, but have an H7 halogen bulb behind the projector. I reckon a set of HID bulbs would go in there should you fancy some?

They look totally OEM...

Im very tempted to get them and sell my oem ones and then I can run my own HID kit which will be brighter.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 09:28:26 pm »
oh how i wish they made a set of these for the 8P
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 09:42:20 pm »
they do look really good but for 320quid are you better not just actually buying xenon headlights from the for sale section in here for an extra 100pound? they are genaraly around the 400 mark. just my opinion
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline hkp

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 10:08:53 pm »
I paid under £300 from my supplier, and these are brand new, which is a bonus for me.  I did consider S/H Xenons, but then the idea of mucking about with looms, fitting washers and levelers etc made the job a lot bigger and more complex.  These Hellas are plug and play and with some decent bulbs as the OP stated, are a big upgrade it would seem.. Almost as good as Xenons!

In some way's these are cheats way to having that Xenon look.. I guess as the name suggests!  :innocent:

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 10:22:54 pm »

Offline Sarah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 10:57:22 pm »
I paid under £300 from my supplier, and these are brand new, which is a bonus for me.  I did consider S/H Xenons, but then the idea of mucking about with looms, fitting washers and levelers etc made the job a lot bigger and more complex.  These Hellas are plug and play and with some decent bulbs as the OP stated, are a big upgrade it would seem.. Almost as good as Xenons!

In some way's these are cheats way to having that Xenon look.. I guess as the name suggests!  :innocent:

Where did you get yours from? I'd be interested in these, seems to save on the hidden extra costs you get with fitting OEM xenons and having to sort out levelling etc soon adds up!

Offline RussZS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 11:08:12 pm »
Me too, where can you get them for less than £300 please?

Does nobody in the UK stock these?
www.midlandscarcare.co.uk - www.facebook.com/midlandscarcare

I used to be indecisive.......... but now I'm not so sure!

Offline oxygen

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 11:32:54 pm »

I'm trying to convince my mate (oxygen) to get them and then we will see what they are like but I wouldnt have thought they are any worse quality than the oem vw ones and infact they are better because you dont HAVE to use the OEM xenon bulb (which isnt actually as bright as the HID kit i had on my old car)
[/quote]

I might just become another guinea pig!

I like the look of these and although they're not OEM, they've gotta be worth a punt to save the hassle of fitting S/H OEM ones. :happy2:

Offline hkp

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 07:28:52 am »
I'll speak to my contact folks.. He's in Germany, but can post almost next day.  Maybe we can look at a group buy?

Offline RussZS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 09:39:30 am »
I'll speak to my contact folks.. He's in Germany, but can post almost next day.  Maybe we can look at a group buy?

Yes please!  I'd be up for a set, don't know if he can sort something decent bulbs too?
www.midlandscarcare.co.uk - www.facebook.com/midlandscarcare

I used to be indecisive.......... but now I'm not so sure!